Updated: Apr 30 2013
||Mechanical Engineering, Process Engineer
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Houston, TX, US
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Process engineers typically work on project assignments to produce deliverables. Process engineers may also be asked to investigate new technologies and engineering approaches.
- • Process Simulations
- • Process Flow Diagrams (PFD's) with Heat and Material Balances
- • Process Datasheets
- • Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&ID's)
- • Equipment Lists (with associated sizing calculations)
- • Line Lists (with associated sizing calculations and hydraulic calculations)
- • Investigations of technical items - documented in written reports and studies
- • Review and adherence to specifications, regulations, and standards
- • Engineering Design, Commissioning, Startup, and Operating Manuals
- • Support of HAZOP panels and other Hazard Assessments
- • Coordination with other engineering and design disciplines
- Performs engineering design evaluations, calculations and analysis.
- Prepares reports, correspondence, procedures, specifications and technical calculations. Prepares technical data and papers for sales personnel, customers and publications using good internal presentation and report writing skills.
- Creates sketches and specifications following application of basic scientific/engineering principles and specific procedures
- Prepares documentation, information, communications and engineering specifications and ensures conformance to all policies and procedures related to engineering functions, labor reporting and systems reporting.
- Consults with other departments on equipment designs, problems and questions.
- Technically reviews equipment and instrumentation selections.
- May travel occasionally to field sites to gather data or participate in checkouts, commissioning, startups, or trouble-shooting.
- May assist and/or check the work of drafters and designers.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Experience & Skills
- BS in Chemical, Petroleum, or Mechanical Engineering required. Masters or PhD preferred.
- Typically 4+ years of experience in Process Engineering and Design
- Awareness of trends and economic conditions affecting the technical field.
- Basic understanding of the engineering requirements to calculate and describe phase behavior, thermodynamic phenomena, fluid flow, and basic unit operations as well as basic properties of materials of construction.
- Ability to translate this understanding into drawings and schematics.
- Advanced computer skills with MS Office programs and familiarity with coding and use of process simulation software and ability to trouble-shoot simulations and other computer issues.
- Oral and written communication skills with good vocabulary, good grammar and the ability to independently compose routine written communications.
- Ability to prepare accurate, effective, complete and easily understood written communications and reports.
- Ability to work in a team environment and willingness to assume additional or new responsibilities readily.
- Ability to maintain regular attendance as per work schedule agreed with manager (may require working an adjusted work schedule based on project assigned and work overtime if warranted).
- Willingness to comply with applicable laws and regulations, the Company's Code of Business Conduct and other Company policies and procedures.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available