Updated: Dec 4 2012
||Field Service Tech
||Broussard, LA, US
Closed - No longer accepting applications
One of the largest oilfield services companies, Weatherford operates in more than 100 countries and employs more than 50,000 people worldwide. With a product and service portfolio that spans the life cycle of a well- drilling, evaluation, completion, production and intervention- and a robust research and development effort, we are well positioned to meet the ever-evolving needs of the oil and gas industry.
Safely operate specified equipment used in tubular makeup and testing services. Work is performed in an onshore and offshore environment.
- Safely and satisfactorily perform any given assignment as directed.
- Understand the operation and routine maintenance of all tubular services equipment.
- Understand routine and specific maintenance procedures as they relate to Critical Services equipment.
- Prepare delivery tickets, job reports, time sheets, and other similar administrative forms.
- Independently operate and perform basic troubleshooting and minor repair of Critical Services equipment.
- Coordinate job action and planning with customer on location.
- Verify all necessary equipment and supplies are on location, and in proper working condition prior to start of job.
- Hold pre-job safety meeting with essential personnel on location.
- Have an extensive knowledge of the company's products and services.
- Operational and maintenance knowledge of all Critical Services equipment.
- Work assignments carried out to the highest quality level.
- Perform various other duties and activities as assigned by supervisor within the physical constraints of the job.
- Good verbal communication skills
- 1-3 years casing or tubing running experience
- Should be able to work closely with fellow employees
- Should have supervisory skills
- Mechanical aptitude preferred
- Knowledge of computers preferred
- Prior oilfield experience preferred as stabrite or tong operator
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available