Wood Group PSN
Updated: Nov 8 2012
||Planner / Scheduler
||Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Wood Group PSN (WGPSN) is a major, independent international service contractor to oil, gas and other process industries. WGPSN provides Brownfield and Greenfield services including project management, engineering, construction management, commissioning, operations, and maintenance. Growth in our Western Canadian operations has facilitated the need to grow our Project Controls group.
The Intermediate Planner/Scheduler is responsible for the planning, development and coordination of the project schedule including tracking issues, analyzing data and providing reports to the Project Team and client. Duties include:
- Take day to day guidance in the performance of duties from Principal Planning Engineer
- Develop, update and maintain Level 2 and Level 3 project schedules. Level 3 schedules shall be resource loaded.
- Recommend schedules for baselining.
- Update and analyse baselined schedules during the project including incorporation of actual hours and undertaking earned value calculations
- Understand the corporate and contract specific planning procedures and carry out all work in accordance with these.
- Study and understand all relevant project documents pertaining to the preparation of plans and schedules.
- Work with all relevant project and discipline personnel, pertaining to the preparation of plans and schedule.
- Maintain a good working knowledge of relevant scheduling software
- Ensure compliance with the development of sensible and achievable logic linked networks.
- Prepare, review and ensure the timely issue of all relevant reports.
- Verbally and in writing advise project and discipline personnel on impacts, contingencies and generally guide the scopes towards the earliest possible finish
- Support and provide guidance to all planning personnel.
- Liaise with cost discipline to ensure continuity across the project controls function
- Ensure that the proper mechanisms are in place for the accurate capture and recording of change including impact assessment.
- Participate in schedule risk analysis as required
- Proficient in development of project schedules at Level1, 2 and Level 3 with resources using Primavera P6 and documenting project basis
- Proficient in updating schedules and calculating earned value using resource loaded schedules
- Proficient in oral and written communication and demonstrated skill to:
- Facilitate development of project schedules.
- Present project control information to management/client.
- Strong abilities to collaborate and well developed team working skills.
- A minimum of 5 years experience in project planning in the oil and gas industry.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available