Wood Group PSN
Updated: Dec 7 2012
||Accounting or Finance
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Kenedy, TX, US
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Independently perform accounting functions necessary to achieve an accurate and timely general ledger month end close. Prepare journal entries/accurals and perform thorough review of trial balances before books are close to ensure proper accounting treatment.
- Review intercompany invoices and prepare proper coding for A/P.
- Resolve intercompany variances with sister companies during month end close.
- Reconcile various monthly general ledger accounts. Identify issues and resolve them quickly. Seek to find areas where processes can be improved.
- Manage accounting clerks
- Prepare other Journal entries required
- Develop and maintain up to date documentation on daily and monthly procedures as well as documentation of issue resolution
- Participate in special projects as assigned by management
- Perform all aspects of work with a high degree of effectiveness, efficiency and accuracy
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must be a self- starter, inquisitive and have the desire to solve problems.
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills with keen attention to details.
- Substancial skill set in MS Office products with emphasis on Excel and ability to create and manipulate spreadsheets and/or databases.
- Adapt effectively to new and changing environments. Must be comfortable handling risk and uncertainty.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Business Administration, or Finance
- 3-5 years of general ledger accounting experience. Oracle Project accounting is a plus.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available