Wood Group PSN
Updated: Nov 8 2012
||Accounting or Finance, Budget / Cost Control
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Full Time Contractor
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Wood Group PSN - Western Canada Ltd. (WGPSN) is a major, independent international service contractor to oil, gas and other process industries. WGPSN provides Brownfield and Greenfield services including project management, engineering, construction management, commissioning, operations, and maintenance.
The Cost Control Lead ensures standardization of process and format around cost reporting including interface with earned value management and cost flow forecasting.
- Deliver cost reporting services in a safe, timely and cost effective manner, in line with contractual requirements, to the satisfaction of clients and to WGPSN.
- Administer cost reporting deliverables; quality, standardization and timing
- Develop and improve cost reporting tools, controls, processes and procedures
- Develop and deliver cost control reporting learning materials to cost control staff and project management staff
- Monitor cost team workload and resources
- Train and develop cost analysts and develop succession plans for key positions
- Ensure retention and recruitment of competent and trained resources to deliver the service.
- Ensure all applicable processes, management/application systems and appropriate organizational structure are in place and operating effectively
- Act honestly and fairly in accordance with WGPSN's Code of Ethics and in support of WGPSN's Core Values.
- Foster good relationships with customers, subcontractors and vendors at commercial and contractual level
- Maximize effective use of the network
- Results oriented individual with the ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and time lines.
- People oriented with an ability to establish a high degree of credibility with staff and clients.
- A strong leader who can motivate and engage a team with demonstrated strength in leading highly complex groups.
- An excellent written and verbal communicator with superior interpersonal and relationship management skills.
- Strong ability to collaborate and encompass well developed team working skills
- Experience in an EPC environment is preferred.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office (particularly Excel).
- A degree in Accounting or Engineering.
- Minimum of 8 years of related cost control experience.
WGPSN has a 25 year operational history showing consistent growth; an established network of personnel and a diverse customer base form the foundation for our company and provide the basis for our future growth. Our team based in Calgary specializes in engineering, procurement, and construction management in the energy and utilities industries. The 30 year old company has completed over 7,000 successful projects in Canada, with specific expertise in crude oil, natural gas, pipelines, power and water.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available