Wood Group PSN
Updated: Nov 2 2012
||Mechanical Engineering, Project Engineer
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Wood Group PSN - Western Canada Ltd. (WGPSN) is a major, independent international service contractor to oil, gas and other process industries. WGPSN provides Brownfield and Greenfield services including project management, engineering, construction management, commissioning, operations, and maintenance.
The Project Engineer coordinates all technical disciplines in preparation of the project design package within the specifications outlined in the Project Execution Plan.
The Project Engineer is responsible for the technical integrity of the finished engineering product and that the overall design is safe, operable, for to purpose, meets regulatory standards as well as meets client and WGPSN quality standards in every respect.
- Assisting the Project Manager with scope development, project execution planning, and design basis memorandum development.
- Assisting the Scheduler and the Project Manager by coordinating development of man-hour estimates, control schedules and capital cost estimates through work breakdown structure.
- Coordinating all discipline engineering and design groups to develop an efficient, consistent, cohesive overall design. Running weekly engineering and design team meetings. Writing weekly reports for clients.
- Coordinating, reviewing and approving engineering studies, the design basis memorandum, engineering work packages development, material requisitions.
- Arranging and participating in HazOp meetings and 3D model review meetings.
- Writing construction work packages scopes of work for contract requisitions.
- Assisting the project controller and scheduler to define changes and complete Change Notice forms.
- Construction site visits for information gathering and for construction co-ordination.
- Managing field Request for Information (RFI) form responses in a timely manner.
- Able to work in teams consisting of many disciplines and personalities, and collaborate to achieve a sound business outcome while having a positive attitude - good stress management skills.
- Self-Starter that works independently, with minimal supervision, with the ability to multi-task, work on several projects or tasks at once, manage time, organize, and set priorities in a fast paced and changing environment.
- Ability to visualize the whole project, but work in detail on various components, by being highly analytical and methodical in developing work systems and possess strong problem solving skills.
- Experience in Oil & Gas facility projects including some of the following areas: heavy oil facilities, well tie-ins, pipelines, compressor stations, and field gas processing facilities.
- Familiarity with codes (e.g. CSA Z662, ASME B31.3)
- Ability to coordinate other engineering disciplines required.
- Strong communication skills: verbal, business writing, electronic communications and presentations.
- Experience in P&ID development and preparation of key project documentation such as specifications, data sheets, requisitions, and contracts.
- Business awareness and acumen: knowledge of project costs, time and personnel availability.
- Familiar with MS Office including MS Projects.
- Registration with APEGGA, P.Eng preferred
- EPCM Oil and Gas Experience required
- Thermal Heavy Oil experience preferred
- 5+ years experience in a PE role with P. Eng, CET and/or RET
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available