Wood Group PSN
Updated: Nov 8 2012
||Full Time Contractor
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Wood Group PSN - Western Canada Ltd. (WGPSN) is a major, independent international service contractor to oil, gas and other process industries. WGPSN provides Brownfield and Greenfield services including project management, engineering, construction management, commissioning, operations, and maintenance.
The Senior Project Manager is responsible for overall planning, development, implementation, management and successful completion of assigned projects. They are to support the development of processes, systems and procedures consolidating in a single approach for the delivery of projects. The end result will be a project management service that matches the business needs and delivers projects that are executed safely, on time and within budget
- Provide strong HSE leadership by living our core value of Safety and Assurance and through compliance with procedures for the project duration.
- Support BD in securing projects by assisting with proposal preparation, budget, schedule and resource estimation, project team development and establish client relationships. Ensure effective handoff from Business Development and project start up.
- Working with the Project Controls team, monitor and control all cost aspects of the project including forecasting costs, obtaining approvals, identifying trends and taking action to avoid cost overruns and identifying opportunities.
- Define the project quality requirements. Ensure the right systems are in place and applied on the project. Ensure compliance with WGPSN policies and procedures.
- Identify, document and communicate client requirements. Effectively manage multiple stakeholders and maintain/develop healthy client relationships throughout the project. Proactively resolve performance, scope, cost and schedule issues with the Client.
- Clearly define scope and compliance with requirements of the contract. Effectively manage change control process application. Manage and monitor project performance to identify issues and opportunities early and seize opportunities to take pre-emptive action.
- Manage the planning of all scope elements of the project. Develop resource and financial requirements from the project plan. Manage the design and procurement activities to meet the project schedule. Routinely monitor key reports and develop corrective action plans. Achieve timely and effective documentation turnover at project close-out.
- Ensure accurate and timely progress reporting to the Client and internally. Keep project team informed on client expectations, goals, milestones, deliverables and other pertinent project status.
- Set clear objectives for the design team. Monitor design activities, review and approve technical documents and drawing packages at predetermined hold points.
- Set clear objectives for the procurement team. Assess procurement process through the project to ensure goods meet specifications and are delivered on time and within budget.
- Direct preparation and execution of construction contract documents.
- Provide clear and focused leadership for the project team to create a vision for project success.
- Strong communication skills: verbal, business writing, electronic communications and presentations
- Ability to lead teams consisting of many disciplines and personalities and collaborate to achieve a sound business outcome while having a positive attitude and good stress management skills.
- Strong professional image, integrity and commitment to excellence.
- Demonstrated excellence in Management Of Change
- Ability to excel at making decisions under changing conditions.
- Experience with facilities engineering, heavy oil, SAGD or gas processing
- EPCM experience in Western Canada an asset; Solid understanding of EPCM project execution work processes.
- Ability to visualize the whole project, but work in detail on various components.
- Ability to multi-task, work on several projects or tasks at once, manage time, organize, set priorities while adapting to constantly changing priorities.
- 15+ years in the industry with 5+ years as a Project Manager
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available