M&H Energy Services
Updated: Dec 10 2012
||Facilities Engineer, Mechanical Engineering, Project Management, Facilities, Upstream, Production
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Northwest Houston, TX, US
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
The Offshore Project Manager will be based at M&H Corporate Headquarters in Houston, TX and is responsible for the project management of offshore facilities and pipeline projects including, but not limited to:
- Defining requirements for new and Brownfield projects for offshore production facilities
- Overseeing design and technical supervision of the design, engineering, construction and implementation activities associated with the entire project. This will include coordination, hands on management, oversight and communication with the client, the construction team, 3rd party vendors, internal company design and drafting teams, and our internal management and executive teams
- Working closely with the client to discover new opportunities to add value through implementation of additional technology and systems to enhance operational effectiveness of the project and to ensure excellent safety and operational standards
- This position offers the unique opportunity to manage multiple and varied projects and see them to conclusion. This position is ideal for those who are entrepreneurial at heart and enjoy working independently and in a team setting.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States for any employer.
- 4 year college degree required. Bachelors in mechanical engineering or structural engineering preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years of work experience; 5+ years in related project engineering activities
- Senior project management experience with a hands on background
- Prior pipeline-permitting experience, installation and construction experience, and shallow water - Gulf of Mexico experience.
- Prior upstream experience is required
- Prior experience with offshore marine construction; familiar with fabrication and installation of equipment, platform and pipelines
- Knowledge of processes from drawings and specifications through completed construction
- Familiar with ASME and API codes
- Prior project organization and management experience required with experience preparing schedules, cost reporting, status tracking, and management reporting
- Prior experience generating job proposals, developing engineering budgets, developing installed cost estimates, working with multi-discipline design team, preparing weekly project status reports, updating bi-weekly backlog reports, and managing project requirements.
- Possess a good understanding of industry design practices; project planning and cost control requirements and procurement procedures.
- Prior experience in an engineering office environment
- Self motivated with ability to work independently without close supervision
- Excellent communication, writing and organizational skills.
- Ability to develop and foster a good working relationship with current and future customers.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Outlook, Word, and Excel.
Other Skills, Experience, or Certifications a plus:
- PE certification a plus
- Affiliation with ASME and API a plus
- Spanish a plus
- Prior experience with platform abandonments, pipeline abandonments and platform removals a plus
- Prior experience working on with offshore pipeline projects from the permitting and design phases through the commissioning phase. Overseas experience would be beneficial.
- Prior operating experience a plus
- Prior responsibilities include project controls and scheduling
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available