Contribute. Grow. Lead…with OxyChem. Looking for a challenge? Desire to achieve your true potential? OxyChem is a growing, action-oriented, safety driven chemical manufacturing company continually striving to be the best in the business while staying focused on environmental protection. The secret to our success has and will continue to be our people.
Occidental Chemical Corporation (OxyChem) is a leading North American manufacturer of polyvinyl chloride (PVC) resins, chlorine and caustic soda - key building blocks for a variety of indispensable products such as plastics, pharmaceuticals and water treatment chemicals. Other OxyChem products include caustic potash, chlorinated organics, sodium silicates, chlorinated isocyanurates and calcium chloride. For every product it makes, OxyChem's market position is No. 1 or No. 2 in the U.S. and No. 1, 2 or 3 in the world.
In a fast-paced industry that demands precision, we create a supportive workplace where the safety and well-being of our employees are paramount. We are committed to rewarding top performers, offering very competitive pay and benefits, and providing tremendous career development opportunities. We are looking for an experienced and self-motivated individual to fill the position of Traffic Clerk with our Chemical Plant located in New Johnsonville, TN.
Essential Job Duties:
- Processes and communicates information related to sales orders and shipment information into SAP in order to generate bills of lading,schedules, and shipping analysis information.
- Updates and distributes daily shipping schedule for Production, Lab, and Logistics personnel.
- Reconciles weekly and month-end tonnage summary.
- Distributes information received concerning returned material, the location of inbound material, and information on inbound railcars and barges.
- Maintains and updates customer specification files in conjunction with Production and the Lab.
- Provides general and administrative assistance to the Logistics Supervisor related to orders and shipments.
- Works with others to coordinate schedules, shipments, and data related to shipping and receiving of product in accordance with federal regulations.
Education/Experience Required: High School Diploma or G.E.D. 2 - 5 years experience in transportation logistics, preferred. Requires proficient use of personal computers and database systems. Experience with SAP or equivalent computerized inventory management software is preferred. Experience in a manufacturing facility preferred.
Specialized or Technical Knowledge: This position requires the ability to read and interpret such documents as shipping schedules, bills of lading, and related shipping documents. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively with customers and others within the organization. Must have a sound grasp of basic math skills for calculations and reporting.
Physical Requirements: Normal office functions with manual dexterity for typing, filing, and general office work. Ability to travel in all areas in the facility which may require walking, standing, sitting, climbing stairs, minor lifting and stooping, and working at a computer keyboard, as required. Must be able to file shipping papers, reload printers with new orders and computer paper, carry paperwork. Must be able to wear the required personal protective equipment. Ability to respond to audible and visual alarms. Ability to communicate verbally and in written form. Ability to use a computer, required.
Oxy is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Employment Type: PERMANENT
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available