Swift Worldwide Resources
Updated: Oct 31 2012
||Pipeline Engineering, FEED, onshore, engineer
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Old River-Winfree, TX, US
Closed - No longer accepting applications
JOB TITLE: Pipeline Engineer
REPORTS TO: Director of Pipelines
PROJECT(S): Onshore related projects; gas gathering, midstream
JOB DESCRIPTION / DUTIES:
- A dedicated Pipeline Engineer that has had FEED thru Execution project experience;
- Experience with basic design engineering calculations for pipelines;
- Knows materials specs and codes for pipeline materials;
- Understands construction methods and technologies, more so than a plant facility scenario;
- Knows the environmental laws to pipeline planning, development and construction; understands legal, land environmental, civil, infrastructure, regulatory agencies, etc.
- Familiar with Cathodic Protection
- Has strong communication skills with clients, office staff and field teams;
- Has had midstream / gas gathering related onshore project work
- A minimum of 3-5 years of hands-on design engineering (pipelines)
- Degreed Engineer
- Familiar with ASME B31-4, and ASME B31-8 codes
- This person is not necessarily a facilities guy, it is "outside the fence" type of work. Work will be pipeline design, construction, etc. type of work.
- Must be able to negotiate effectively, but still be able to compromise and be amiable;
- Maintain professionalism in the field and in the office, as will be dealing with Clients regularly;
- Will be dealing a lot with the external group and activity, so will need some degree of "salesmanship" about how they approach their work;
- Dealing with land permitting, environmental, etc.;
- Will also be dealing with subcontractors of the client
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available