WORK WITH GREAT PEOPLE. ACCOMPLISH GREAT THINGS. CREATE YOUR CAREER PATH.
At Canadian Natural, we are proud of the achievements of our people.
Our goal has always been to run our business and run it well, executing on our projects and creating value for our shareholders. That is what we have focused on for the past twenty years, and it is what we continue to focus on. Today the efforts of over 5000 employees have helped us become a leading senior oil and gas exploration and production company.
Horizon Oil Sands
Horizon Oil Sands is an exciting part of our growth. Full production capacity for Phase 1 is 110,000 bbl/d of fully upgraded, light, sweet synthetic crude oil. We will see incremental production gains throughout the completion of future expansion and debottlenecking, with targeted full facility capacity of approximately 250,000 bbl/d. Further phases of expansion will bring the ultimate capacity to 500,000 bbl/d.
COMPETITIVE SALARY - STOCK OPTIONS - STOCK SAVINGS PLAN - ANNUAL BONUSES - BENEFITS - RELOCATION - COMPANY SPONSORED LOCATION PREMIUMS, FLY IN/FLY OUT ALLOWANCE AND SITE ACCOMMODATIONS!
This position is based in Fort McMurray, Alberta and is eligible for:
• Relocation to Calgary or Fort McMurray
• Company Sponsored Fly In/Fly Out and Site Accommodation Program with charter flights available from Calgary or Edmonton
Our Horizon Oil Sands operation is expanding with project spending for 2012 forecasted at approximately $1.55 billion with future projected spending of approximately $2 - 2.5 billion each year for the next several years.
The Superintendent is responsible for all activities within the described area of the Mobile Equipment Mine Maintenance Department. The Superintendent will have overall responsibility for all areas related to Safety, budgetary goals, contractual matters and sound maintenance practices.
HOW WILL YOU MAKE YOUR MARK?
• Develop and monitor Departmental KPIs relative to safety, cost and production
• Develop and implement sound maintenance standards and practices in support of OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) recommendations
• Implement corporate safety programs and support General Foremen
• Interface with Maintenance Planning to create annual budget and monthly forecasts for area of accountability; ensure the Maintenance team has all required support to successfully execute the plan
• Conduct audits to ensure compliance with regulations and accepted maintenance practices
• Collaborate with other on site Departments to insure support is given when required
• Review, understand and comply with all contractual obligations (both equipment and labour contracts); ensure monthly contractor meetings are held to discuss contracts, warranties etc.
• Solicit input from all team members to identify annual capital budget items required to execute and support the production plan requirements
• Participate in equipment selection process; develop long range plans for fleet refurbishment/ replacement
• Prepare month end reports identifying costs, accruals, safety and availabilities for the various fleets
• Review and implement Standard Work Practices, Procedures and Policies; maintain Departmental Manual
• Oversee the operation of all maintenance facilities; interact with support groups responsible for maintaining these facilities
• Prepare and present reports as required to support area business plans
• Typically 15+ years of related industry experience with Bachelor's degree, Technical Diploma or Trades Certificate
• Familiarity with and understanding of working in a Heavy Equipment Maintenance role
HEALTH AND SAFETY:
At Canadian Natural, safety is a core value. We conduct all of our operations in a way that identifies, minimizes and mitigates harm to the health and safety of employees, contractors, the public and the environment.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Canadian Natural Resources Limited - CNRL - is a publicly traded company on the TSX and NYSE as CNQ.
See Job Description
Employment Type: PERMANENT