Professionalcare Staffing Inc
Updated: Nov 28 2012
||Pipe Inspection / NDT, QA / QC / Inspection
||Fort Mcmurray, AB, Canada
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
QC Inspector Level II
Our client located in Fort McMurray Alberta is a leader in upstream and downstream engineering and construction, maintenance pipeline and tank construction services. Is prepared to meet and exceed the requirements of any industrial clientele now and in the future. Our clients aim is to be the employer of choice offering a safe and comfortable work environment while producing and delivering the best quality and highest efficiency for their valued customers.
Fully qualified inspector responsible for the performance of visual inspections and direction of NDE inspections in accordance with ASME, CSA and API codes of fabrication. Requires limited direction in conducting quality activities and assembly of quality documentation in accordance with internal and external standards. Has CWB Level 2 or equivalent, technical skills and 5 year of experience with at least two of those years in a lead position.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure compliance with the clientour client.
- Initiate and maintain the quality job file to ensure that all relevant quality documents are in the job file and are completed accurately
- Verify material control, identification, and traceability as per the contract, code and quality system
- Perform all in process and final inspections, preparation and issuance of associated inspection reports, nonconformance reports and corrective action requests
- Coordinate NDE personnel (internal and/or external)
- Establish and maintain an electronic tracking/reporting system for all NDE and inspection activities
- Coordinating scheduled inspection activities with Company personnel, client representatives and regulatory bodies
- Expediting the completion of the quality turn-over documents
- Review, verify, and monitor special processes such as welding, nondestructive examination, heat treatment, pressure testing, coating, and insulation to ensure compliance
- Verify welding control compliance such as the maintaining of welder records, welding consumables verification, and visual weld inspection
- Maintain calibration records for all Company owned measuring and testing equipment at his/her assigned site
- CWB Level 2 with a minimum of 3 - 5yrs experience with W59 & W47.1, B31.3, CSA Z662, ASME Section VIII and XI
- Sound knowledge of welding technology and processes, CWB requirements & ASME codes
Excellent communications skills
- Excellent Microsoft Office computer skills (example: Excel, Word)
- Certification as an ABSA Welding Examiner an asset
Compensation and Benefits overview
- This position is a full time regular position with a competitive compensation and benefit package.
- Only those candidates being considered by this equal opportunity employer will be contacted.
*At this time we are considering only local candidates who are able to work without employer sponsorship.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available