WORK WITH GREAT PEOPLE. ACCOMPLISH GREAT THINGS. CREATE YOUR CAREER PATH.
At Canadian Natural, we are proud of the achievements of our people.
Our goal has always been to run our business and run it well, executing on our projects and creating value for our shareholders. That is what we have focused on for the past twenty years, and it is what we continue to focus on. Today the efforts of over 5000 employees have helped us become a leading senior oil and gas exploration and production company.
Horizon Oil Sands
Horizon Oil Sands is an exciting part of our growth. Full production capacity for Phase 1 is 110,000 bbl/d of fully upgraded, light, sweet synthetic crude oil. We will see incremental production gains throughout the completion of future expansion and debottlenecking, with targeted full facility capacity of approximately 250,000 bbl/d. Further phases of expansion will bring the ultimate capacity to 500,000 bbl/d.
COMPETITIVE SALARY - STOCK OPTIONS - STOCK SAVINGS PLAN - ANNUAL BONUSES - BENEFITS - RELOCATION - COMPANY SPONSORED LOCATION PREMIUMS, FLY IN/FLY OUT ALLOWANCE AND SITE ACCOMMODATIONS!
This position is based in Fort McMurray, Alberta and is eligible for:
• Relocation to Calgary or Fort McMurray
• Company Sponsored Fly In/Fly Out and Site Accommodation Program with charter flights available from Calgary or Edmonton
Our Horizon Oil Sands operation is expanding with project spending for 2012 forecasted at approximately $1.55 billion with future projected spending of approximately $2 - 2.5 billion each year for the next several years.
The Asset Integrity Engineer is responsible for developing asset integrity and condition management strategies and programs ultimately resulting in increased production at the Horizon Oil Sands plant.
Contribute your systems and equipment expertise in Bitumen Production and Upgrading/ Utilities areas to:
• Prevent future corrosion
• Maximize equipment uptime
• Optimize plant shutdowns
• Extend turnaround intervals
• Work with cross functional teams to resolve asset integrity problems ensuring all activities are aligned with comprehensive reliability programs
• Achieve targets and identify asset integrity improvements for plant performance
HOW WILL YOU MAKE YOUR MARK?
• Lead and advise Operations on full life cycle asset integrity engineering of all plant fixed equipment. Apply long-term strategic engineering solutions to prevent corrosion and optimize production.
• Ensure the asset registry for all fixed equipment is maintained
• Communicate threats to asset integrity of fixed equipment to operations
• Implement/support risk based inspection programs to improve asset integrity
• Implement/support asset integrity condition management strategies and programs for loss containment purposes including corrosion management
• Carry out routine analysis of inspection and conditioning management programs, keeping record of asset deterioration patterns and behaviors
• Troubleshoot fixed equipment recurrent problems and apply root case analysis (RCA) practices to equipment failure investigations
• Maintain ownership of the Degradation Manuals and ensure they are up to date and accurately reflect any changes identified due to process changes, turnaround inspections or monitoring programs
• Support the management of KPMI (Key Parameters for Mechanical Integrity) Program if applicable to the Business Area
• Support the asset integrity continuous improvement program incorporating strategies, polices, codes of practice, procedures, specifications and guidelines
• 5 to 10 years of pressure equipment integrity/corrosion management engineering experience in a role supporting plant operations
• Engineering Degree or an Engineering Technical Diploma
• Registration or eligibility for registration with APEGA is an asset
• Familiarity with and understanding of:
o corrosion and degradation prevention strategies
o metallurgy, materials, welding and quality assurance
o Pressure Equipment Integrity programs and International standards (ASME)
o Inspection Test Plans and/or risk-based inspections
HEALTH AND SAFETY:
At Canadian Natural, safety is a core value. We conduct all of our operations in a way that identifies, minimizes and mitigates harm to the health and safety of employees, contractors, the public and the environment.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Canadian Natural Resources Limited - CNRL - is a publicly traded company on the TSX and NYSE as CNQ.
See Job Description
Employment Type: PERMANENT