MAKE YOUR MARK WHILE YOU GROW YOUR CAREER
At Canadian Natural we believe our employees are the key to unlocking asset potential. As one of the largest independent crude oil and natural gas producers in the world, our balanced asset mix creates opportunity for people who want to be part of a challenging and competitive industry. Join our team as we create value through innovation.
Horizon Oil Sands
Horizon Oil Sands is a world class asset offering countless opportunities to advance your career. Comprised of surface oil sands mining and bitumen upgrading facilities, this vast project offers challenging opportunities in an environment where teamwork, innovation, and your expertise are valued. Apply your abilities using industry leading technologies and contribute to the success of the Horizon Oil Sands.
COMPETITIVE SALARY - STOCK OPTIONS - STOCK SAVINGS PLAN - ANNUAL BONUSES - BENEFITS - LOCATION PREMIUMS -RELOCATION - FLY IN/FLY OUT AND CAMP PROGRAM!
This position is based in Fort McMurray, Alberta and is eligible for:
• Relocation to Calgary or Fort McMurray
• Company Sponsored Fly-In/Fly-Out and Accommodations Program with charter flights from Calgary or Edmonton
Our Horizon Oil Sands operation is expanding with project spending for 2012 forecasted at approximately $1.55 billion with future projected spending of approximately $2 - 2.5 billion each year for the next several years.
The In Service Inspector is responsible for assisting or performing inspections of in service equipment such as pressure vessels, boiler, fired heats and process piping, and reacting to the daily inspection needs of the Horizon Oil Sands plant.
HOW WILL YOU MAKE YOUR MARK?
• Conduct external inspections of new and in service equipment and piping; assist with internal inspections
• Assist with pressure equipment database maintenance
• Provide daily inspection support
• Assist in the set up and management of a corrosion monitoring program for in service equipment and piping
• Monitor repaid/alteration activities
• Promote a quality culture among the plant teams
• Typically 10+ years of related industry experience with graduation from a Mechanical/Metallurgical/Materials or Welding Engineering Technology Program
• Alberta In-Service Pressure Vessel Inspection or Boiler and Pressure Vessel Inspection certificate is preferred
• Familiarity with and understanding of:
o In-Service Inspection in petrochemical, refining or upgrading industry
o API-510 certificate
o ASME and API Codes and Standards
o API-570 or API-653 certificates
o technical documentation including engineering drawings
HEALTH AND SAFETY:
At Canadian Natural, safety is a core value. We conduct all of our operations in a way that identifies, minimizes and mitigates harm to the health and safety of employees, contractors, the public and the environment.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Canadian Natural Resources Limited - CNRL - is a publicly traded company on the TSX and NYSE as CNQ.
See Job Description
Employment Type: PERMANENT