MAKE YOUR MARK WHILE YOU GROW YOUR CAREER
At Canadian Natural we believe our employees are the key to unlocking asset potential. As one of the largest independent crude oil and natural gas producers in the world, our balanced asset mix creates opportunity for people who want to be part of a challenging and competitive industry. Join our team as we create value through innovation.
Horizon Oil Sands
Horizon Oil Sands is a world class asset offering countless opportunities to advance your career. Comprised of surface oil sands mining and bitumen upgrading facilities, this vast project offers challenging opportunities in an environment where teamwork, innovation, and your expertise are valued. Apply your abilities using industry leading technologies and contribute to the success of the Horizon Oil Sands.
COMPETITIVE SALARY - STOCK OPTIONS - STOCK SAVINGS PLAN - ANNUAL BONUSES - BENEFITS - RELOCATION
This position is based in Calgary, Alberta and is eligible for:
• Relocation to Calgary
Our Horizon Oil Sands operation is expanding with project spending for 2012 forecasted at approximately $1.55 billion with future projected spending of approximately $2 - 2.5 billion each year for the next several years.
The Contracts Administrator will oversee and drive the activities and resources required to execute the procurement and contract management process including:
o Scope development participation
o Supply market research and positioning
o Requests for proposals
o Contracts Formation
o Award and administration of contracts and agreements
• Projects are in various stages including engineering and design, procurement and construction so you will have exposure to a variety of supply management activities for contract values up to $500 million.
HOW WILL YOU MAKE YOUR MARK?
Working in a matrix organizational setting, you will support specific project teams to ensure that their contracts and procurement needs are met while remaining in compliance with company policies and procedures
• Develop strategies to obtain best value for the goods and services
• Complete the acquisition process on time and on budget
• Administer contracts effectively
• Close out commitments in a timely manner
• Lead or participate in negotiations to resolve commercial and technical exceptions, change orders and claims
• Provide expertise on contracting and procurement matters
• Develop and maintain positive relationships with internal stakeholders to address their needs for information and input
• Develop and maintain positive relationships with suppliers and contractors to ensure a strong supply base is available for goods/services
• Contribute to Supply Management continuous improvement initiatives
• University degree or diploma with 10+ years of supply management experience in a related industry including at least 5 years in a large industrial projects environment
• Strong analytical, communication and organizational skills are required
• Demonstrated experience in developing and managing strategic agreements with a proven track record for creating and sustaining value
HEALTH AND SAFETY:
At Canadian Natural, safety is a core value. Our commitment is to ensure the safety of employees, the public, protecting the environment and developing and maintaining positive relationships in the communities in which we operate.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Canadian Natural Resources Limited - CNRL - is a publicly traded company on the TSX and NYSE as CNQ.
See Job Description
Employment Type: PERMANENT