Updated: May 6 2013
||Facilities Engineer, Petroleum Engineering, Production Engineering, artificial lift, gas lift, rod pumps, RTA, Synergy, PHDWin, nodal analysis
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Houston, TX, US
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Rosetta Resources, Inc.
Rosetta Resources Inc. is an independent exploration and production company engaged in the acquisition and development of onshore energy resources in North America. The Company's activities are primarily located in South Texas, including its largest producing region in the Eagle Ford shale. Rosetta continually evaluates the potential of emerging resource plays in the United States. Its competitive position in the Eagle Ford shale was developed as part of this ongoing effort. The company focuses on exploration opportunities with low-entry costs and property and lease acquisitions with at least five years of growth potential.
At Rosetta, we offer a unique work environment as an exploration and production company that is moving aggressively to implement our growth strategy in unconventional resource plays and maximize one of the industry's leading positions in the Eagle Ford shale in South Texas. Rosetta is a true independent that values input from all individuals and gives them the opportunity to contribute to the decision-making processes. Our smaller size means fewer layers of management and the ability to respond quickly to changes and opportunities in the marketplace. Our employees are extremely talented with diverse backgrounds and demonstrate strong teamwork, mutual respect for each other and an entrepreneurial spirit. In return, we reward them for their initiative and skills both financially and with career-enhancing opportunities.
We are headquartered in Houston, Texas and trade on the NASDAQ under the symbol ''ROSE''.
Summary: The ideal candidate will focus on designing production and facilities from the wellhead to the sales meter and should have a strong background in artificial lift methods including: plunger lift, beam pump and gas lift. The individual will need strong planning experience and demonstrated ability to handle complex projects.
- Evaluating well performance and production capabilities versus budget and forecast estimates
- Identifying and modeling inflow performance, artificial lift, chemical injection and integrity requirements for both production and injection wells
- Reviewing and maintaining daily reports and records for production operations
- Preparing technical reports for engineering and management personnel
- Some travel to South Texas is required (less than 20%)
- Ability to work in a team environment including: Reservoir Engineering, Production Accounting, Production Operations and Regulatory
- Facilities design
- Additional special projects and duties as directed by management
Knowledge & Skills:
- Artificial lift, Nodal analysis, Production surveillance, Pipeline modeling, work-over experience including: wireline, coiled tubing, wireline operations and rig interventions.
Education, Experience & Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Petroleum or Mechanical Engineering, or related discipline
- 3 - 5 years of experience of operations experience, working with a producer/operator
- Pipeline modeling experience is required
- Strong background in production of oil, gas and condensate
- Software experience should include: RTA, Piper, Synergy, Stoner, PHDWin (or Aries or PEEP), Rodstar and Roddiag, OFM, Prosper WEM or Perform Nodal analysis software.
- Strong MS Office skills: Excel spreadsheets, Word, Powerpoint & Outlook
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer.
Rosetta regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment visas or consider individuals on time-limited visa status.
Only candidates who meet the above requirements will be considered for employment.
****NO International submissions will be considered.****
No Agency or third party calls or emails will be returned.
Rosetta Resources does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement and approved engagement request, Rosetta explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available