Energy Staffing Professionals
Updated: Nov 5 2012
||Mechanical Engineering, Process Management, Project Engineer, Upstream Oil & Gas, LNG
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||$200 - $275/K
||Houston, TX, US
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
MAIN TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Overall responsibility for the successful execution of the project within budget and schedule and to the satisfaction of the client, regulatory authorities and client
- Accountable for implementing project Quality Assurance (QA), Health, Safety, Security and Environmental (HSSE) policies and procedures and verifying results.
- Sets the ethical standards and exemplifies the standard throughout the project.
- Interfaces with the client on all matters associated with the project.
- Ensures project objectives, Contract terms & conditions and procedures are clearly identified, understood and achieved.
- Leads the integrated Project Management Team (PMT) and chairs regular meetings to review progress, discuss problems/risk areas, review outstanding work items, review impact of recent decisions and discuss potential scope changes.
- Administers the client contract and insures compliance.
- Responsible for all engineering, design, fabrication and installation required to deliver the scope of the project.
- Manages and directs the activities of the PMT with individual focus on safety, quality, cost and schedule.
- Leads client/contractor progress meetings and presentations.
- Prepares and maintains the project execution plan(s) and project organization chart, and ensures adequate staffing and resources are available during all phases of the project.
- Coordinates and approves Project financial status and forecast reporting.
- Negotiates, approves and assigns all change and variation orders (internal and external).
- Reviews and approves project expenditures and forecasts.
- Responsible for implementation of client risk management system and controls.
- Promotes team work and a good work environment instilling and maintaining high motivation and moral.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BS degree in an Engineering discipline.
- Active member of the Project Management Institute preferred.
- Proven track record of successful Project Management performance leading integrated project teams.
- Proven Project Management experience
- Good management and inter-personnel skills
- Ability to communicate accurately and effectively at senior management level
- Comprehensive planning and cost estimating skills
- Broad working knowledge of project engineering, procurement, QA/HSES, interface, fabrication, transportation, offshore installation and hook-up work.
- Project management, planning and cost control software.
- Demonstrate exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to lead, direct motivate and empower staff.
- A valid Driver's License, Social Security Number, US Passport and/or a US Permanent Resident Card.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available