Talisman Energy Inc.
Updated: Mar 11 2013
||Gas Plant Operations, Process Engineer
||The Woodlands, TX, US
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Sr. Process Engineer / Plant Operations Engineer
Req ID: 14022
Location: Houston, United States
Employment Type: Permanent
Talisman Energy USA Inc. (TEUSA) is a dynamic gas exploration and production company, based in The Woodlands, TX. Through a number of acquisitions Talisman has invested heavily in the Eagle Ford Shale located in south Texas. This role is based in Houston, Texas and reports in to the Production Engineering Team Lead. Operational support of newly constructed facilities and the participation in the design and commissioning of new plants will be the primary focus in this role. Operational support includes trouble shooting process issues, debottlenecking and optimizing to achieve maximum throughput while reducing the operating costs.
Specific duties would include:
- Primary technical support for 4 plants consisting of amine, dehydration, compression, condensate stabilization.
- Work with operations staff to solve process and operational issues to maintain high runtimes
- Identify and implement opportunities for increased efficiency and throughput of the plant.
- Identify and implement operational and capital cost savings
- Provide support and direction to the operations to ensure compliance with Air Permits, SPCC plans, RMP, PSM and other regulatory requirements
- Work with production engineers to ensure the plants have sufficient capacity and proactively identify changes in the inlet stream.
- Working within the Talisman HSSE standards primarily focused on the use of Management of Change procedures and incident investigation and prevention
- Provide input and review on new plants that are being engineered and constructed
- Working conditions: 90% Houston office with regular trips to the field locations.
The Process Engineer will combine strong communication and interpersonal skills with a strong understanding of plant operations and troubleshooting. A minimum of 10 years of related experience is required along with an engineering degree.
- 10-15 years operational experience with a specific focus on gas treatment (i.e. amine, dehydration and compression, liquid treatment including stabilization)
- Plant and construction experience
- Upstream experience is a plus
- Excellent computer skills with Office programs
- Excellent reasoning, analytical and technical skills
- Able to communicate both orally and in writing with good interpersonal skills.
- Highly organized and able to prioritize issues and focus on multiple project simultaneously
- Ability to work in a fast-paced highly changing environment.
- Only candidates who are legally permitted to work in the US will be considered.
- Relocation will be provided for the successful candidates if required.
- This position is eligible for a referral bonus.
By applying for this position, you consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of the personal information provided during the application and selection process.
Employment Type: PERMANENT
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available