Updated: Nov 30 2012
||Mechanic, Mechanical Technician, Heavy Duty Mechanics
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Our client is proud to offer an employee development program that utilizes leading edge, career growth tools; including career planning and skill development. These employee development programs promote and assist with individual career advancement.
The Mechanical Technician will report directly to the Team Leader - Mechanical Production and will be located in Calgary.
- Maintain and exceed the company's high standards concerning safety, quality, efficiency and communication
- Operate rigging equipment and dollies to place heavy machinery and parts
- Fit bearings, align gears and shafts, attach motors, and connect couplings and belts to precise tolerances
- Align and test equipment and make any necessary adjustments
- Perform predictive and operational maintenance using procedures such as vibration analysis, and repair or replace defective parts when necessary
- Install hydraulic, pneumatic and programmable logic controls
- Maintain and clean a safe work environment
- Gain working knowledge of equipment
- Adhere to all corporate policies and procedures
- Perform scheduled and unscheduled maintenance
- Mentor and train new personnel
- Clean, lubricate and perform other routine maintenance work on equipment
- Secondary education in Mechanics, willing to accept applicants in 2nd, 3rd and 4th year apprentice Heavy Duty Mechanics those of which will be brought in on an apprenticeship program, trained up to a Journeyman level.
- Mechanical training in oilfield industry is an asset
- Class 5 driver's license and a clean driver's abstract
- Excellent listening, writing and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced challenging environment
- Self-motivated; ability to work with little or no supervision
- Skilled in working as part of a team and collaborating with colleagues
- Organizational and time management skills
- Applied job knowledge, problem solving skills and decision making abilities
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available