Updated: Oct 23 2012
||Electrical Engineering, Financial Audit, Mechanical Engineering
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Edmonton Alberta, Canada
||Full Time Contractor
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Intertek is a leading international provider of quality and safety services to a wide range of global and local industries, employing over 30,000 employees worldwide.
Intertek Commercial & Electrical provides safety testing and certification services to a variety of industries including wireless technology, security, home appliances, industrial, medical, telecommunications, automotive, building products and electronics.
Job Title: Assessor
Job Location: Edmonton, Alberta
We are looking for an Assessor for our CompEx courses in North America. You will deliver different types of CompEx training courses, such as Ex 01 - 04 and Ex 12 Operation and others, and assess the results of all participants.
- Participate in identifying customer training objectives and needs.
- Participate in the development of training program concepts and requirements.
- Ensure the relevance of technical information used in training material.
- Write and update the lesson plans, training manuals, and all other training aids.
- Write the examination to be given in the context of course objectives and the course evaluation reports.
- Deliver training courses.
- Coordinate the regular activities related to training at client offices, such as logistics planning, and ensure the availability of materials necessary for successful course examination.
- Minimum of 10 to 15 years experience in the Hazardous locations Industry, Oil/Gas, Petrochem or Heavy Chemicals Preferred
- A Bachelor in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
- Successful completion of the CompEx Modules
- General Understanding of the relevant Electrical Engineering.
- Understanding and ability to read and assess engineering drawings
- Practical Understanding of explosion protection principles and techniques
- Working knowledge of Quality assurance, including the principles of Auditing
- Documentation, Traceability of Measurement and instrument calibration
- Preferable would be some form of training qualifications for the trainer and assessor qualification for the assessor.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- A good knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite
- Excellent written and spoken English skills; another language (Spanish, Chinese) communication skills (written and spoken) would be preferred.
- The incumbent of this position must be available for a minimum of 50% travel.
Intertek offers a culture motivated, customer-oriented environment where employees can flourish, experience professional fulfillment, and reach their highest potential.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available