Roll Off Truck Operator
Tervita is a leading North American environmental and energy services company. Our 4,700 dedicated employees partner with natural resource and industrial companies who share our values and work with them to create a sustainable future. Safety is our highest priority: it influences our actions, guides our decisions and shapes our culture. We maintain a strategically located network of more than 95 state-of-the-art waste management facilities and a fleet of specialized equipment and assets to help customers address production and operational waste challenges. Our highly effective, convenient and environmentally sound solutions help minimize environmental impact and maximize returns.
A privately-held company, we've been known for the past 25 years by the brands of our founding companies: CCS, Hazco, Beck, Concord and others. By joining together our individual expertise, experience, assets and services, we will be uniquely positioned to develop integrated project management solutions and provide customers easier access to our broad range of comprehensive services.
The Roll-Off Truck Operator drives and operates a Roll Off Truck equipped with hydraulics to operate various roll off trailers. The Roll-Off Truck Operator is responsible for operating a tractor in a safe and appropriate manner. He/she must conduct all activities according to DOT regulations and relevant company policies and procedures.
The core areas of accountability include but are not limited to:
• Drives the Roll-Off Truck to the location to unload or load roll off boxes as required for the job following DOT guidelines.
• Mechanically loads or unloads the roll off boxes using various roll off trailers equipped with winches. This position requires the employee to handle the winching equipment present on the trailer.
• Performing safety inspections as required by DOT, and maintaining a DOT driver log and records according to regulations and requirements
• Conducting a pre- and post-trip inspections of tractor trailer unit, hoses, fittings, and valves
• Maintaining satisfactory customer service, keeping radio or telephone contact with supervisor or dispatcher to receive delivery or pickup instructions
• Completing work tickets and maintaining daily inventory of tools, fittings, and hose connections on the unit.
• Wearing appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) while performing duties.
• Reporting all safety issues, incidents, and concerns to Tervita management, as well as notifying supervisor of current or anticipated repair needs
• Responsible for making sure all jobs are operated in the most efficient and cost effective manner possible
• Perform other related duties as instructed by Tervita management
The Roll-Off Truck Operator has a physically strenuous and demanding job. He/she will be lifting, pulling, and managing heavy equipment and objects. The Driver will have to work in all weather, and must be prepared for both extreme heat and cold. As the Driver is handling potentially environmentally hazardous materials he/ she must ensure that all activities are completed in a safe and efficient way to eliminate the possibility of contamination.
• Class A CDL
• Knowledge of tractor-trailer and equipment safety
• Must have the basic knowledge of the oil field and related equipment associated with the trucking of oil field equipment
• Knowledge of drill cutting and Oil Based Mud operations-collection, delivery, and disposal procedures
• Knowledge of salt-water collection, delivery, and disposal procedures
• Knowledge of DOT regulations and requirements
• Ability to operate a tractor-trailer in a safe and responsible manner
• Ability to operate required equipment in a safe and responsible manner
• Ability to deal with the public in a positive, courteous, and respectful manner
• Decision making and problem solving skills
• Effective verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate
• Ability to perform basic mathematical functions
• Ability to read and write to record pickups and daily records
• Time management skills
• Ability to work independently and demonstrate sound work ethics
• Ability to be flexible
Tervita Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender/sex, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, military/veteran status, citizenship status, the basis of genetic information or any other group protected by Federal or State law or local ordinance.
Applicants who are extended an employment offer will be required to complete a pre-employment physical, drug screening, and background check as applicable by position. All employment offers are contingent upon the successful completion of these pre-employment processes.