Updated: Nov 16 2012
||Electrical Engineering, BOP PLC Programmer
||Associates/2 yr Degree
||DOE - Excellent uplifts for offshore / travel
||Houston, TX, US
||Full Time Contractor
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Experience Requirements: PLC Programming a must!!!
5 Years experience in a commissioning or field maintenance in Oil and Gas
Specific Job Requirements:
- Our client supplies Control and Safety Systems (SIS) predominantly for the Oil and Gas business on a number of Hardware platforms and for multiple end user applications. We are currently seeking personnel to provide service to clients across our entire range of systems solutions.
- Our install base for solutions includes onshore and offshore facilities globally. Successful candidates will be required to travel both domestically in the US and globally to provide systems support for periods of up to 4 weeks. When not travelling, the successful candidate may be required to provide assistance at our Houston office to support in-house testing, client FAT, and upgrade/modification preparation.
- The applicant must be able to demonstrate knowledge and experience of control and safety system applications, support and integration of Oil & Gas industries with onshore and offshore site experience.
- An understanding of Control and Instrumentation is required and the applicant must be able to demonstrate evidence of similar work performed to a competent standard.
- The applicant must be able to provide verbal and written reports to communicate project status as required and act as the client liaison and management interface, developing and maintaining customer relationship.
- To meet the stringent off-shore safety regulations, all staff must pass HUET and BST water survival training courses.
The successful candidate must be experienced in using at least 2 of the following tools and products:
- GE Fanuc 90/70 and 90/30 PLCs
- GE Fanuc Proficy Machine Edition programming software
- GE Fanuc Cimplicity HMI
- GE Fanuc GMR
- RA Logix 5000
- AB Range of PLC Hardware (PLC5/SLC500/Logix)
- AB FactoryTalk Platform
- IEC 61131 Toolset
- Triconex Range of Safety PLCs
- HIMA Range of Safety PLCs
- ICS Triplex Range of Safety PLCs
- TMC Applications
- Wonderware HMI
Candidates must demonstrate sound working knowledge of the following engineering principals:
- Control System Communications Protocols (Modbus, GE Fanuc Genius Bus, Profibus)
- PLC Programming
- Software design/modification and review processes
- Hardware design/modification and review processes
- Familiarity with high availability, redundant systems
- Experience with the necessary documentation and revision tracking systems.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available