Updated: Nov 16 2012
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||open, depending on experience
||Houston, TX, US
||Full Time Contractor
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Electrical Engineer, Automation equipment, oil and gas - Houston, TX - contract to hire!
Minimum Qualifications :
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering discipline.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in control systems engineering related to variable speed drives and industrial automation systems.
- Experience in electrical design, including schematics and panel layout; programming drives, PLCs and HMIs.
- Ability to design utilizing ACAD electrical.
- Typically possesses application/technical knowledge relevant to assigned business team.
- Must be able to work in a project driven environment where constructive feedback from others is encouraged.
- Must have excellent conflict resolution skills.
- Must be available and willing to work overtime on occasion to meet customer project commitments.
- Must perform duties in the office as part of a project team.
- Occasional travel and work at customer sites, including industrial plants, ships, etc., which may require climbing, working in confined spaces and other unusual work environments.
Desired Qualifications :
- Knowledge of Allen-Bradley Powerflex drives, and PLCs. Knowledge of codes and standards applicable to industrial control systems including the NEC, NFPA79 and UL508A.
- Responsible for the design, implementation, control, and test of drives and automation systems working in a project team environment.
- Provides updates to project manager/leader pertaining to status of activities and performance to schedule and budget.
- May participate in proposal development activities.
- Performs detailed system design, implementation, and test. May participate in startup activities.
- Coordinates with other departments as necessary to satisfy project requirements
- May lead contractors on project assignments.
- May serve as the primary technical interface with the customer for assigned projects
- Interacts with project management, hardware design, purchasing, and assembly personnel in support of project efforts.
- Obtains product technical information from other business units of RA as required.
- Supports an environment conducive to customer satisfaction and successful team interaction.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available