Updated: Dec 13 2012
||Fracturing, Production Engineering, Workover or Completion, drilling, workover, completion, shale, unconventional, CO2, steam, horizontal, frac
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||100k to 150k, DOE. Bonus, 401k Matching, health, medical, dental, vision, 4 week vacation, 9/80 works schedule
||Bakersfield, CA, US
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
We are seeking a fulltime Production Engineer for one of California's largest Oil producers.
Position Key Deliverables:
This DTR production engineer will work in a multi-disciplinary team environment to commercialize one of Client's largest organic growth opportunities, the Diatomite Steam Drive (DSD) developments in Southern California.
Position Roles and Responsibilities:
The successful candidate will be assigned the following roles and responsibilities to support DSD development, operations, and surveillance:
• Work with reservoir engineers, geologists, facility engineers to prepare / update DSD
• Prepare budgetary well cost estimates to be used for scoping and economic evaluation.
• Translate high level development plans to tactical requirements that can be safely executed by Client's Drilling and Development teams. Examples include drilling & recompletion sequences, wellhead and other subsurface equipment installation sequences, equipment specifications, etc.
• Add value to the DSD developments by deploying safe and reliable well designs and equipment. Specifically:
o Prepare and/or update well-related specifications that can be used by Drilling, Development, and DTR-Operations teams. Ensure EHS hazards are mitigated, equipment has best operability, and total life-cycle costs are reduced.
o Work with Purchasing and suppliers to acquire long-lead well equipment as necessary to implement development program.
o Work with Drilling and Development teams to develop / update quality assurance processes applicable to well-related activities. Audit field work practices and analyze data to ensure quality requirements are met.
o Conduct engineering studies and analyses as necessary to optimize well designs and execution processes utilized in DSD development.
• Work with reservoir engineers, geologists, and field production engineers to define or improve commercial scale DTR surveillance processes. Make recommendations to improve well performance and recovery process efficiency. Use as opportunity to determine effectiveness of development designs and execution.
• Provide production engineering support as required for DTR-Operations teams. This may include participation in RCFA's, collaborating on well performance issues, reviewing job procedures, solving well servicing/workover problems, etc.
Required skills and competencies necessary for success include:
• Familiarity with well drilling, completion, and workover processes and techniques.
Able to prepare well completion, workover, and maintenance procedures.
• Fundamental understanding of wellbore mechanics and hydraulics. Knowledge of thermal production engineering is beneficial but not a requirement.
• Able to identify potential safety hazards in design and operations. Familiarity with process hazard analysis techniques is beneficial.
• Familiarity with surface and subsurface well equipment. Able to prepare specifications sufficiently to purchase well equipment and communicate installation requirements.
• Able to assess total life cycle costs and make recommendations that improve net present value.
• Proficient at planning and prioritization. Able to coordinate operational activities.
• Able to perform root cause failure analysis and follow through with corrective actions.
• Familiar with well and reservoir surveillance. Able to recognize performance deficiencies and develop solutions to mitigate.
• Good verbal and written communication skills. Able to interact with a high performing multi-disciplinary engineering / operations team. Able to prepare technically sound specifications and plans.
• Familiarity with and interest in continuous improvement, business process improvement, and lean concepts.
• This production engineering position requires a high level of collaboration with various individuals and teams. The successful candidate will be responsible for effective collaboration and review to ensure high quality results.
Experience/Business Accomplishments Required for this Position:
The successful candidate must have:
• Bachelor of Science or higher engineering degree.
• Experience in the upstream oil and gas industry and a previous production engineering assignment.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available