Updated: Oct 18 2012
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Anchorage, AK, US
||Req ID 8145
||Full Time Contractor
Closed - No longer accepting applications
The Cost Engineer provides cost control support in accordance with best practices and procedures.
Duties include consolidated portfolio analysis and reporting, maintaining project prioritization hopper, working with Group Financial Outlooks and Long Term Plans, Stage Gate Verification process.
The successful candidate will need to have strong communication skills to efficiently interact and coordinate with various project teams and functions such as Estimating, Scheduling, Project Management and Finance.
Location Anchorage based, with the possibility of re-deployment to other project groups (including California)
Implement common cost control processes, procedures and standards and provide cost control support.
- Maintain Project prioritization hopper. Analyze hopper and communicate findings.
- Have a solid understanding of the standards and procedures, and ensure their compliance. Communicate deficiencies and remedial actions where applicable.
- Consolidate various team cost engineering information into an overall portfolio report. Have a solid understanding of the project set within the Alaska portfolio. Monitor and analyze health of project portfolio.
- Foster team environment and enable efficient communication with project teams.
Essential criteria & qualifications (The absolute minimums to do the job)
- BA/BS and 4 years proven experience in cost controls. Proven equivalent working experience may be substituted, subject to vetting of expertise demonstrated.
- Proficiency in Excel.
- Analytical ability to recognize and solve problems.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work and meet deadlines.
- Desirable criteria & qualifications (Qualifications that are good to have but not mandatory)
- Solid working knowledge of project controls or project management experience.
- Moderate or better experience level with cost management tools.
- Experience with using databases.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available