Updated: Nov 13 2012
||Environmental Engineer, Regulatory Compliance
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
YOU MUST HAVE ENVIRONMENTAL OR EXTENSIVE HSE EXPERIENCE WORKING WITH KEY PEOPLE AT DRILLING SITES AND MUST LIVE IN THE COLORADO OR SURROUNDING AREA TO APPLY FOR THIS POSPITION.
This position has general accountability for providing day-to-day support for the business units. The Environment Health and Safety Advisor will work closely with facility managers and the operations group focusing on regulatory and risk management program compliance and performance monitoring. This position also has accountability for providing regulatory advice and support primarily to internal stakeholders for Federal and State regulations such as EPA and OSHA. This position reports to the EHS Manager and is a part of a diverse EHS team. Specifically, this position is responsible for:
- Works cooperatively with EHS Managers and Operations Managers to identify the regulatory process required to support modifications to existing facilities and development of green field projects.
- Ensuring that operations management has a comprehensive understanding of operating permit conditions and the regulatory enforcement framework.
- Works in conjunction with Operations personnel to develop timelines for routine regulatory reporting.
- Provides support on municipal, state, and federal regulations to Operations on day to day business in regards to their regulatory approvals and permits.
- Collects information required from consultants and internal parties to successfully compile regulatory applications; reviewing and submitting environmental report data to regulatory agencies to drive a higher level of operational compliance.
- Conducting permit and licensing negotiations.
2. Health and Safety
- Working directly with facility managers to ensure that the operations maintain established controls, procedures and accountability to manage environment and safety performance regulatory compliance.
- Ensuring safety hazards and environmental risks are identified and controlled through established programs.
- Participating in incident investigations and provides guidance to operations when conducting root cause analysis.
- Reviews EHS performance data to identify trends and assist in the development and delivery of programs designed to improve corporate EHS performance.
- Conducting audits under the corporate risk management program.
- Coordinating regional EH&S steering committee meetings.
3. Community/Regulatory/Stakeholder Relations.
- Works with branch managers to develop community initiatives that will improve the corporate community profile and assist the regulatory process.
- Liaises with municipal government stakeholders to implement corporate stakeholder strategies.
- Maintaining relationships with regional agency personnel and coordinating public involvement with regional initiatives.
- Supporting operations to maintain a community relations program.
- Maintaining effective relationships with regional stakeholders.
- Identifying concerns and industry trends to advise operations management.
4. Customer Service
- Demonstrates an understanding of internal and external customer requirements and provides quality service in accordance with company and regulatory standards.
5. Division/Corporate Participation
- Working closely with other regional and corporate staff to enhance the company's risk management system.
- Participating in regional/corporate initiatives.
6. Training and Development
- Providing guidance through coaching and positive reinforcement to operations management to ensure that all employees are trained to do their work in a safe and environmentally sound manner.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available