Updated: Nov 26 2012
||Research & Development
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Houston, TX, US
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
The Sr. Principal Researcher functions as a core member of the team to provide advanced knowledge and thought leadership in assigned discipline(s) and to support broader deliverables as needed. The Sr. Principal Researcher will be expected to own and drive the research agenda and produce deliverables for their assigned discipline(s). The Sr. Principal Researcher is also expected to lend to the broader team and client deliverables by providing creative ideas towards client engagement, retention and business development.
The successful candidate will provide high quality consulting services to an international clientele in the NGL/LPG segment of the energy industry. The candidate will also have the opportunity to work in other related segments of the energy industry that the company is involved with. The Sr. Principal Researcher will progress into successive levels of leadership and with demonstrated skills and capabilities.
- Act as thought leader and go-to person for U.S and Global Natural Gas Liquids industry and to apply this knowledge towards productive client interactions by producing thought-provoking, qualitative and quantitative original research to provide deliverables in the form of written reports and client facing events; and by leveraging market and client knowledge to ensure timely and accurate flow of crucial thought-leading research on topics in assgined discipline, as promised to the clients and to continually develop and enhance client relations and bottom line results. Key contributor to existing NGL subscription products and seminar events. ~ 50%
- Contribute to or lead consulting projects as required and as driven by business needs by working in collaboration with the consulting project leader, provide thought leadership and direction in area of assigned discipline(s) and perform various activities to support delivery of high-quality client-specific projects and meet or exceed assigned revenue targets. ~ 15%
- Respond to clients research-related questions of various complexity in area of assigned discipline(s) by providing thought leadership and timely insight and utilize resources and judgement to address questions and/or refer questions to appropriate staff in a timely manner to provide customer delight in situations of one-on-one client needs. ~ 20%
- Continuously broaden SME in other designated practice or focus areas and build external recognition by continuously interacting with clients, presenting at company and industry events, collaborating with sales/marketing and product management staff to broaden and build upon subject matter knowledge. ~ 15%
- Bachelor's degree engineering or industry-related fields required; graduate degree preferred.
- Minimum of 8 years directly related experience traditionally acquired by working in industry, government, or consulting. For the NGL Sr. Pricinciapl researcher position, experieince is traditionally acquired by working directly in the Natural Gas Liquids industry via an operating company (major oil companies, mid-stream companies, petrochemical companies) and consulting.
- Requires highly effective verbal and written communication skills and excellent interpersonal skills at all levels of business to enable effective/productive communications with key people including senior level clients
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team-oriented environment and ability to navigate and excel in a complex, heavily matrixed organization.
- Solid leadership skills in leading/influencing without direct authority, with experience building successful global relationships/teams and working within them to influence positive results.
- Demonstrated relationship management skills are essential, including the ability to relate successfully to a variety of people externally and internally, and to form strong relationships with key decision makers.
- Must be highly organized and creative with accomplished time and project management skills
- Proficiency with MS applications required (Excel, Word and PowerPoint).
- This position will operate under normal office conditions and will include moderate phone use and moderate to heavy computer use.
- Travel up to 20% may be required for customer-facing related activities and internal activities.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available