Updated: Oct 17 2012
||Chemical Engineering, Process Analysis, Plant Performance, Design Projects
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Houston, TX, US
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
JOB PURPOSE: Reduce variable operational costs through redesign of existing facilities, recommendations on new designs and on-going operation efficiency improvement.
SCOPE: This position works under minimal supervision, with guidance in only the most complex situations. This position works on first-of-a-kind and complex process engineering design projects to reduce costs in HYCO plants. Is a subject matter expert within the organization.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIPS: This position typically reports to the Manager of Process Improvement in the HyCO Process Engineering group.
- Bachelor Chemical Engineering
- 5+ years performing process analysis and process modeling with specific experience in HYCO plant systems.
- Proven ability to assess plant performance and reconcile performance based on modeling and data analysis.
- Knowledge of MPC (model predictive control) and RTO (real-time closed-loop optimization system) technology applications as related to HYCO plants.
- Intimate knowledge of equipment related to HYCO plants.
- Strong track record of accurate diagnosis of equipment and operating problems in HYCO facilities
- Ability to effectively communicate with upper management and front line operators.
- Demonstrated capability for training operations personnel, and experienced engineers.
- Intimate knowledge of existing HYCO facilities and personnel is a plus
- Develops detailed process rating models for applicable HYCO plant.
- Provides primary process modeling support for the optimization of HYCO facilities. Process engineering support for MPC and RTO implementation as required.
- Utilizes process analysis and modeling skill to evaluate and justify incremental plant expansions, to identify performance deficiencies, and identify performance improvement opportunities.
- Evaluate cost reduction ideas from various stake holders and sheppard them through the approval process and validate post project savings.
- Conceive cost reduction ideas.
- Mentors central process and plant engineers in process analysis and process optimization.
- Provides trouble shooting assistance for HYCO plants as needed..
- Works with operators and OES engineers to confirm the accuracy of models.
- Recommends equipment (instrumentation, analysis) upgrades.
- Cooperates with Global Hydrogen in the development of standards, assessment of new technology Provides input and review for R&D activities pertinent to HYCO facilities.
- Work closely with plant and corporate optimization team to identify and deliver plant improvement.
- Provide technical support for project team at key handoff points.
- Interface with key catalyst and equipment suppliers to support and improve on going plant operations.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available