SUMMARY: This position is responsible for servicing, troubleshooting and maintaining high & low pressure compressor systems in the field. Responsibilities include installing, commissioning and testing complete compressor package setups on site as well as assisting in custom build applications and service engineering. Other duties may include mechanical as well as electrical assignments in regards to compressor systems and their appliances.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: .
- Performs scheduled preventive and corrective field mechanical service on gas compression units
- Represents the company in a professional manner at all times and provides outstanding customer service while performing all assigned tasks
- Responsible for submitting accurate maintenance reports, expense reports, timesheets and other necessary paperwork daily
- Inventory control - manages the supply, storage and accessibility of parts as well as tools in order to insure an adequate supply to do the work without excessive oversupply or shrinkage
- Diagnose engine/compressor failures accurately and efficiently
- Conduct timely rebuilds/overhauls of compressors, engines and controls on gas compressor packages in the field or shop
- Respond to recurring problems and emergency services as needed
- Helps coordinate setting of new units and conducts start-up testing
- Trains and assists lower-level technicians with assigned tasks
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position has no supervisory responsibilities
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience: High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and 5+ years of related compressor service experience are required. A minimum of one year in a vocational/ technical training or apprenticeship program is preferred.
Computer Skills: Some limited proficiency with a personal computer is preferred.
Other Skills, Abilities or preferred Qualifications:
- Advanced knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved in the construction or repair of diesel or gas engines and compression units
- Motivated self-starter capable of working independently and efficiently with little or no supervision
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Ability to write legible, routine correspondence and to speak effectively as well as coherently with management and other employees
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form as well as deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Valid Drivers' License
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit and taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus (these requirements can be met with the use of corrective lenses).
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places and fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Excellent Opportunities for Excellent People! Join us Today!