Statoil is an international energy company with operations in 37 countries. Building on 40 years of experience from oil and gas production on the Norwegian continental shelf, we are committed to accommodating the world's energy needs in a responsible manner, applying technology and creating innovative business solutions. We are headquartered in Norway with 21,000 employees worldwide, and are listed on the New York and Oslo stock exchanges.
In just a few years Statoil has positioned itself as one of the largest lease holders in deepwater Gulf of Mexico (GoM). Our GoM portfolio is managed out of our Houston office. The Statoil Houston office, which was established in 2002, also manages our Alaska, Marcellus, Eagle Ford and Bakken shale gas portfolios.
To date Statoil has invested more than USD $11 billion in US upstream activities, and currently produces more than 70,000 barrels of oil equivalent a day. Our Houston office currently staffs more than 500 people. We have US offices located in Anchorage, Austin, Houston, Stamford and Washington D.C. USA, and are looking for talented people to contribute to our growing activity base.
The exploration valuation Houston unit is responsible for work related to exploration projects in US Gulf of Mexico and Alaska including screening of potential exploration areas, acreage access, portfolio management and transactions, exploration drilling and appraisal of discoveries, feasibility phase and post-discovery handover.
Tasks for the exploration valuation Houston unit:
- Perform technical and economic evaluations of exploration prospects in US Gulf of Mexico and Alaska
- Responsibility to ensure quality and consistency in evaluations across geographic regions
- Ensure that corporate requirements, technical and economic guidelines and best practices are implemented in all exploration projects
- Perform field evaluation of prospects and discoveries in the exploration North America portfolio and establish a sound decision basis
- Support to other exploration North America units, performing portfolio analyses and actively participating in prioritisation processes
- Active involvement in relevant discipline networks, taking lead on exploration specific evaluation issues
- Tasks for the reservoir engineer position:
- Perform reservoir evaluation of prospects at different levels of maturation and decision gates
- Estimate recovery, reserves, production profiles and depletion strategy for oil and gas exploration projects
- Contribute to selection of business case, drilling concept and field development solution in technical-economic evaluations
- Ensure that appropriate quality control of work is performed at every project decision gate
- Contribute to reservoir evaluation methodology
- Take an active role in multi-discipline project teams including geoscientists, drilling and facility engineers, economists and negotiators
- Advise on methodology, assumptions and treatment of uncertainty in exploration analysis
- Ensure consistency through developing a professional network in the company and compliance with relevant governing documents
- Assume leader role for technical and economic evaluations as requested
- Support and contribution into portfolio analyses, prioritisation processes and other tasks as requested by management
Bachelor's degree in petroleum engineering
- Three + years of experience as a reservoir engineer
- The candidate must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship (Proof sufficient to satisfy US immigration laws is a requirement of employment)
- Statoil offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefit package
- Statoil is an equal opportunity employer
- Personal qualities
- Strong analytical skills and ability to see the big picture and impact of projects
- Solid business understanding and commercial awareness
- Good interpersonal skills and team work oriented across disciplines and organisational boundaries
- Ability to be hands-on and perform high quality work within tight deadlines
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Fluent in English
- Willing to explore and contribute in other areas
- Flexible outlook and willingness to perform other roles and tasks within the department as needed
Our values are to be courageous, open, hands-on and caring. We believe in these qualities, which are essential for building an even stronger Statoil. If you can identify with them, you could be the one to strengthen our team.
Candidates are expected to openly offer all relevant information about themselves during the recruitment process.