Updated: Jan 29 2013
||Dynamic Position Officer
||OCS or Gulf of Mexico, US
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
We are seeking mutiple Senior Dynamic Position Officers. The SDPO will set up and operate test equipment to evaluate performance of development parts, assemblies, or systems under simulated operating conditions, and record results. Assemble DPO systems and prototypes according to engineering data and knowledge of electrical principles. Also serve as Master's representative on the bridge/control station in his absence.
- Provide technical assistance and resolution.
- Assist with developing our DP consultancy processes and procedures.
- Maintain various records, reports and industry publications regarding the DP operation, and ensure the suitable distribution of that information to all relevant personnel.
- Provide working knowledge of the drill floor operations to ensure the smooth conduct of the integrated DP system.
- Oversee the analysis of drawings, diagrams, reports and other data to plan projects.
- Collaborate with electrical engineers and other personnel to identify, define, or solve problems.
- Attend on board vessels and rigs to conduct or supervise trials and other work including surveys, audits, inspections, testing, installation, commissioning and incident investigations.
- Holds position on the Ship's Emergency Station Bill.
- Ensure Control Room Operations are in compliance with environmental protection requirements as specified by company policies and regulatory bodies.
- Ensure that company HSE policies and other programs are communicated to and understood by all rig personnel.
Minimum Education, Experience, and Skills
- Must have specialized or technical knowledge requiring formal training beyond High School.
- Must have a Second Mates license.
- Must have at least 3 years of progressively responsible DP experience in the maritime industry, including cold start of the DP equipment and input of all initialization data into the DP system.
Location - OCS or Gulf of Mexico
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available