Purpose & Scope: (2-4 sentences that describe the unique/key purpose, why the role exists/ provides value, and the scope of the role)
Reports to Installation and Integration Manager as a sub-contractor to our project. Superintendent coordinates all site construction activities and supervises all field personnel as required to successfully complete the project on schedule and within budget. This includes maintaining the highest quality, supervising all trade and field personnel, while administering good construction safety practices with all on-site activities. Maintains the job site office and closes out projects.
What Decisions and/or Business Results is this role Accountable for?
Solve coordination, priority and interface problems between the different project work groups for the transportation and installation area, while respecting the wider interests of the project.
Ability to initiate and/ or respond, progress and resolve transportation and installation technical queries related to the GS-1 Tubular Bells Facilities and related transportation and installation activities.
At the direction of Company, coordinate the review and recommend approval of Contractors execution phase procedures, (e.g., site mobilization, safety and safety training, QA/QC, site materials management, marine operations, etc.)
At the direction of Company, coordinate offshore activities on the Spar Facility such as schedules, SIMOPS, Permit to Work, etc.
Ensuring that all construction activities are performed in a safe way through rigorous implementation and compliance with our guidelines and policies including Project Life Cycle, System Integrity Plan, Company EH&S Plans and Records Information Management.
What are the main areas of responsibility (key activities)? (link to work process flows where possible)
- Provide oversight and support at the offshore worksite during offshore installations.
- Influence the wider organization to ensure that any activity undertaken by those in support of the asset are appropriately focused on ensuring safety and delivery of the asset.
- First line support on a day to day basis for operational activities whether planed or unplanned that impact safety and delivery of the asset.
- Provide operational advice and guidance to the Onshore/Offshore Leadership Teams.
- Provide support and field supervision to ensure that all operational activities and issues impacting planned and ongoing work activities are addressed in a timely manner.
- Ensure provision of offshore/onshore construction management covering daily operations at the work site meet company business objectives.
- Attend and conduct Daily Operations Morning Call and address applicable actions that arise.
- Develop, maintain and distribute procedures, work practices, standards and specifications.
- Provide operations input to the Management of Engineering Change, including participation in HAZOP's, HAZID's and other relevant safety reviews.
- Provide operational input into all plans and is accountable for the 90 day integrated plan.
- Complete regular offshore rotations in support of duties and to communicate progress on ongoing activities.
- Liaise with Project and Technical Teams to provide operational input in order to ensure that any project activity is fit for purpose and reflects operational best practice
- What are Technical Qualifications, Education and Experience requirements to perform this role? (include specialized equipment knowledge, professional designations, etc.)
- Minimum 15+ years offshore construction experience, preferably in a superintendent role and on deepwater projects.
- College degree preferred but not required or equivalent experience
- Proficient in usage of Microsoft Office computer software.
- A self-starter highly motivated and goal oriented individual.
- Excellent attention to detail with emphasis placed on quality.
- Very organized with a systematic approach tasks to achieve accuracy and efficiency.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills, including the ability to manage diverse personalities
- Management of work systems and best practices procedures
What areas/roles does this role need to consult with? (include purpose of consultation)
Internal Technical Services, Commercial & Operations regarding projects
Managing relations with Client on site.
Area Leaders, Project Managers, and Core Team Members
Subject Matter Experts
Houston, TX - Planning and Preparation Scope
Offshore Gulf of Mexico - Deepwater Facility