The Mechanical Technician (Diesel Hydraulic Mechanic) is responsible for performing routine and preventative maintenance on our enormous and diverse fleet of oilfield equipment. You would be responsible to keep our equipment rolling 24/7 while maintaining our industry leading service quality standards.
The technicians will be in the forefront of performing preventive maintenance to avoid operational failures of our diesel and hydraulic systems and to return a system to full operation after a failure.
• Alberta Journeyman or equivalent Red Seal Certification
• CVIP License an asset
• Mechanical training in the oilfield industry
• Knowledge of Hydraulic systems
• Capability to do electrical wiring
• Equivalent acceptable Technical Institute training includes;
o Industrial Heavy Equipment Technology Diploma
o Marine Diesel Technology Certificate
o Diesel Mechanics Certificate
o 3rd & 4th year apprentices will be considered
The duties of mechanical technicians may include:
• Performing maintenance and repair of hydraulic systems by reading schematics (diagrams or blueprints) and diagnosing problems to provide timely and suitable solutions.
• Repair, overhaul, evaluate and or test components of electro-hydraulic controls. They will perform repairs on existing hydraulic units, cylinders and valves.
• Perform preventative maintenance, inspections and repairs on, air and hydraulic brake systems, tire repairs, warranty procedures, driveline, steering & suspension, electrical trouble-shooting, AC and other duties as assigned.
• Perform routine maintenance such as changing oil, checking batteries, and lubricating equipment and machinery.
• Adjust and reline brakes, align wheels, tighten bolts and screws, and reassemble equipment.
• Raise trucks and heavy parts or equipment using hydraulic jacks or hoists
• Road test vehicles as necessary to diagnose malfunctions or to ensure equipment is working properly.
• Maintain work area appearance and safety
• Use hand tools such as screwdrivers, pliers, wrenches, pressure gauges, and precision instruments, as well as power tools such as pneumatic wrenches, lathes, welding equipment, and jacks and hoists.
Type of Equipment:
• Centrifugal and High Pressure Pumps
• Diesel Engines, Transmissions and Fuel Systems
• Generators and PTO's
• 12/24 volt vehicle electrical systems
Schlumberger Specific Work:
• Follow preventive maintenance schedules and input data in fleet tracking software
• Provide support to field personnel to help diagnose problems
• Follow Schlumberger safety, personal protective and equipment policies
• Proficiently learn and apply maintenance and safety programs
• Complete several online and formal training objectives year on year
All safety gear including coveralls, safety glasses, and gloves are provided by Schlumberger.
We are looking for someone with a strong mechanical aptitude with the ability to learn electronic concepts.
The candidate would be considered a Trainee Technician for at least the first 10 to 12 months. The formal technical training usually takes place after 6-8 months of hands on shop training. The formal training will take place at our training facility in Kellyville, OK and will last anywhere from 2-6 weeks. The timeline for attending Technical Training could change based on activity levels, and the individuals performance.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available