Updated: Jul 16 2013
||Business Development, Petroleum Engineering, Reservoir Engineering, M&A, PHDWin, due dilligence, economic modeling
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Houston, TX, US
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Rosetta Resources, Inc.
Rosetta Resources Inc. is an independent exploration and production company engaged in the acquisition and development of onshore unconventional resource plays in the United States of America. The Company owns well delineated positions in the Eagle Ford area in South Texas and in the Permian Basin. We are headquartered in Houston, Texas and trade on the NASDAQ under the symbol ''ROSE''.
Reservoir Engineer, Acquisitions & Divestitures
Summary: Assist with the technical modeling of acquisition targets, technical review of onshore regions/plays and identification of acquisition candidates.
- Assist with development of acquisition economic models and technical review of select onshore regions/plays
- Work closely with geoscientists to form integrated technical view of acquisition opportunities
- Conduct acquisition related technical and commercial due diligence
- Assist with identification of potential acquisition candidates
- Collaborate with team to develop Senior Management transaction recommendations
- Develop an understanding of key economic drivers in acquisitions
- Additional special projects and duties as directed by management
Knowledge & Skills:
- Strong understanding of economic models and principles of reservoir engineering, including reserves estimation (modern decline curve analysis, volumetric calculations, etc.)
- Understanding of key economic drivers in acquisitions
- Strategic thinking and economic analysis skills
- Working knowledge of drilling, completions and production and facilities engineering, production operations, and upstream petroleum economics
Education, Experience & Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Petroleum Engineering, Natural Gas Engineering or related discipline, required
- 5+ years of experience in reservoir engineering, required
- Experience working in E&P acquisitions and divestitures, preferred
- Experience with onshore resource plays is a plus
- Strong interpersonal, communication skills and the ability to work effectively in team setting
- Proficiency in ARIES/PhD Win, MS Excel and other reservoir engineering tools
- Proficient in MS-Office applications (i.e. Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook email)
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer.
Rosetta regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment visas or consider individuals on time-limited visa status.
Only candidates who meet the above requirements will be considered for employment.
****NO International submissions will be considered.****
No Agency or third party calls or emails will be returned.
Rosetta Resources does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement and approved engagement request, Rosetta explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available