Rosetta Resources, Inc.
Rosetta Resources Inc. is an independent exploration and production company engaged in the acquisition and development of onshore energy resources in North America. The Company's activities are primarily located in South Texas, including its largest producing region in the Eagle Ford shale and the Southern Alberta Basin in northwest Montana.
We are headquartered in Houston, Texas and trade on the NASDAQ under the symbol ''ROSE''.
Acquisitions Reservoir Engineer
Summary: Responsible for the technical modeling of acquisition targets, review of Lower 48, onshore regions/plays and assisting in the identification of acquisition candidates.
- Manage development of acquisition economic models using PHDWin, public production databases and other petroleum engineering software's, including cost analysis
- Work closely with geoscientists to form integrated technical view of acquisition opportunities
- Assist with identification and evaluation of acquisition candidates
- Lead all engineering aspects of evaluation/diligence of acquisition targets
- Review selected onshore basins/plays in the Lower 48
- Collaborate with team to develop Senior Management transaction recommendations
- Additional special projects and duties as directed by management
Knowledge & Skills:
- Strong understanding of economic models and principles of reservoir engineering, including reserves estimation (modern decline curve analysis, volumetric calculations, etc.)
- Understanding of key economic drivers in acquisitions
- Strategic thinking and economic analysis skills
- Working knowledge of drilling, completions and production and facilities engineering, production operations, and upstream petroleum economics
Education, Experience & Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Petroleum Engineering, Natural Gas Engineering or related discipline, required
- 4+ years of experience in reservoir engineering, required
- Experience working in E&P acquisitions and divestitures, preferred
- Experience with onshore resource plays is a plus
- Strong interpersonal, communication skills and the ability to work effectively in team setting
- Proficiency in ARIES/PhD Win, MS Excel and other reservoir engineering tools
- Strong MS Office skills: Excel spreadsheets, Word, Powerpoint & Outlook
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer.
Candidates must currently be authorized to work in the US. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, or J, or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, may not be considered for hire.
Only candidates who meet the above requirements will be considered for employment.
****NO International submissions will be considered.****
No Agency or third party calls or emails will be returned.
Rosetta Resources does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement and approved engagement request, Rosetta explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency.