Updated: Jan 11 2013
||Materials Management , Purchasing
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Houston, TX, US
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Pacific Drilling S.A. is a growing offshore drilling company that provides global ultra-deepwater drilling services to the oil and natural gas industry through the use of high-specification drillships. Our corporate offices are located in Houston, Texas with operations offices in Brazil, Nigeria, Singapore and South Korea.
Pacific Drilling currently has a Procurement Specialist position available in the Houston office.
The Procurement Specialist is responsible for purchasing of selected categories for the organization. He/she identifies and evaluates global vendors, develops or review vendor contracts and makes according recommendations for approvals. As part of the role, purchasing agent is accountable for the execution and continuous improvement of the procure-to-pay process (e.g. RFQ, PR, PO, GR/MR, contracts). This position is accountable for purchasing goods and services from Global vendors. Local purchasing will not be managed by the Procurement Specialist in Houston.
- Execute procure-to-pay process for the assigned global categories (e.g. experience managing bidding processes, developing request for proposals and requests for quotation, master service agreements, contracts, purchase requisitions, purchase orders, GR/MR)
- Obtain and analyze process reports; identify and support implementation of ideas to optimize procure-to-pay process for the department with focus on the assigned global categories
- Drive standardization of capital equipment and/or spare parts
- Develop relationships with global vendors (as required)
- Develop/review global contracts (as required)
- Work with all stakeholders to drive continuous improvement of procurement and supply chain processes
- Coordinate with logistics personnel solutions to issues related to documentation as required for freight-forwarding
- Support development of procurement policies and procedures to drive the implementation of best practices.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent (required)
- Minimum 5-10 years of experience in purchasing for an offshore drilling contractor (required)
- Knowledge about MODU equipment and Spare Parts
- Experience driving procure to pay process (e.g. experience managing bidding processes, developing request for proposals and requests for quotation, master service agreements, contracts, purchase requisitions, purchase orders, GR/MR)
- Knowledge about the supplier base and experience managing vendor relations
- Minimum 3 years on SAP MM experience (preferred)
- Membership of ISM/CIPS (preferred)
- Proven ability to work on cross-functional, multi-cultural teams
- Ability to interact and influence internal stakeholders and commercial partners
- Strong analytics
- Personal drive / self motivation
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Interest in learning, challenging paradigms, trying and adopting new approaches
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available