Updated: Sep 26 2012
||Contracts Administration, Contracts Engineer
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Houston, TX, US
||Full Time Contractor
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Our client, a major Oil and Gas Operating Company, has a Senior Contracts Manager position available. Under the guidance of the Project CP Lead, the successful applicant will be responsible for CP services to a project and/or support a number of projects.
Develop and implement robust CP tactics and contract documentation to secure third party services and materials in compliance with schedule, quality requirements and on best commercial terms that fully complements the project local content plan and accounts for all market capacity and capability risks and opportunities.
Manage the commercial delivery of all major contracts awarded, by developing comprehensive post award contract management plans, ensuring all variation requests are dealt with in a timely manner.
Provide leadership, guidance and support to a team of Contracts Engineers in the provision of contracting and procurement services to the Project CP Lead for the pre and post award stages of the CP process throughout the define and execute phases of the project.
An experienced professional, familiar with contracting roles on major capital projects. Proven management experience is essential, as is the ability to work effectively in a multi-cultural / diverse environment. Ability to demonstrate knowledge, capability and competence in the following commercial, technical and interpersonal aspects:
- Application of contracting and procurement processes and tools.
- Project contract management.
- Development of category and project contracting strategies.
- Analysis and negotiating skills.
- Forms of Contracts and their application.
- Commercial acumen / awareness.
- Managing internal and external stakeholders.
- Effective communications at all levels of management both internally and externally.
- Comprehensive understanding of CP in a major project context.
- Detailed knowledge of project drivers in define through execute phases.
- Creative thinker capable of developing innovative solutions and a motivated self-starter with a track record of delivery.
- Applied knowledge of effective local content development. -Proven record in leading multi-national and multi-cultural teams.
- Experience of working in frontier project environments.
Business or Engineering degree, or equivalent. Skill with CP professional competencies. Understanding of strategic, technical, legal, finance, taxation and commercial issues, able to cope with complexity and uncertainty.
This is a 12+ month renewable contract assignment located in Houston, Texas USA.
The pay is competitive and based on experience.
The position offers the opportunity to work as either a 1099 Contractor or a W2 Employee, where you can participate in Brunel Energy's Benefit Plan.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available