Oil & Gas Technology Group
Updated: Jan 21 2013
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Denver, CO, US
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Only candidates able to work in the USA without sponsorship should apply.
- Risk Assessment & Analysis Lead the businesses in the identification and analysis of Loss Prevention and Security risks utilizing proven methodology as the basis for Loss Prevention and Security decision making.
- Risk Management Utilize the risk assessment in the design, selection, utilization, integration and sustainment of Loss Prevention and Security processes and equipment.
- Performance Improvement Provide governance to Loss Prevention and Security activities. Apply continuous improvement principles to deliver results and contribute to business decision making, thereby enhancing individual, functional and organizational performance.
- Knowledge Leadership Apply effective influencing, presentation and facilitation skills. Communicate intricate and sensitive situations to various levels of the organization and external environments. Drive competency within the organization.
- Accountable for the staffing and development of Loss Prevention Team and the Refinery Emergency Response Team.
- Develop and ensure ongoing capabilities for the site Incident Management team through coaching during events, providing training and execution of hypothetical emergency drills and exercises.
- Develop and implement sitewide emergency response procedures such as spill, fire, and vapor responses, evacuation, etc that meet the requirements of API, NFPA, OSHA, PSM, etc.
- Develop, implement and monitor for effectiveness of the Facility and Emergency Response Plan including the web based plans.
- Provide specialized Spill Response and Emergency Management training support and coordination in the areas of Fire, Hazmat, Rescue, Medical, Oil Spill Response, etc.
- Develop competencies of the ERT Officers and ERT Members.
- Develop effective and efficient training materials, and conduct training sessions on fire protection, emergency response with focus on developing instructional capabilities and knowledge of the ERT Officers.
- Drive improvement in the site Emergency Response capabilities, both people and infrastructure to include assisting with Operators understanding of emergency efforts and ensuring the physical protection systems are in place and operational.
- Maintain liaisons with outside organizations such as fire departments, mutual aid societies, and rescue teams, so that emergency responses can be facilitated.
- Act as the site Subject Matter Expert for fire protection and detection systems and NFPA requirements.
- Work with the projects group and on the scope, design and stewardship of fire detection equipment, alarm systems, fire extinguishing devices and various security and life safety systems.
- Advise site management on fire prevention equipment and techniques, and on fire code and standard interpretation and compliance.
- Implement lessons learned processes to ensure appropriate information is shared and acted upon by sites post incident and response.
- Serve as the Facilities Security Officer (FSO) under Federal regulations and establish and maintain
- plans and resources that assure that the site meets DHS and corporate security requirements.
- Develop working relationships with law enforcement entities and industrial security professionals.
- Develop and implement security procedure and programs to prevent, detect and react to known or suspected criminal activity.
- Perform security risk assessments based on vulnerability criteria to determine appropriate levels of protection and security necessary for the site.
- Develop, implement and monitor for effectiveness the Facility Security Plan.
- Provide metrics and feedback to the organization to measure performance of activity in scope.
- Needs to be persuasive, tactical and strategic with an ability to influence site leadership teams, lead both with and without authority depending on the situation
- Position deals with all types of operational incidents from significant injuries to business
- interruptions, environment, transportation, security and health incidents.
- Ability to operate in an autonomous manner as they respond to what is happening in the operations
- Provide leadership for direct reports, the Emergency Response Team (~60) and site security contractor (~30)
- Budget ~ $3M
- Demonstrate significant value creation for the corporation through prevention of future losses
- Working knowledge of DHS/CFATS requirements.
- Well developed leadership and supervisory skills
- Strong project management and organizational skills to administer the program
- Proven ability to lead the sustainment and continuous improvement of department and processes at the Refinery
- Able to influence at all levels of the business
- Negotiating and leadership skills, with the ability to be patient, flexible and diplomatic.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, as well as strong interpersonal skills.
- Relevant university and/or post secondary education
- 10+ years experience in operational environments, with an understanding of refining or chemical manufacturing processes.
- Experience working with regulatory agencies is preferred.
- Strong emergency response and fire background and appropriate certifications
- Strong instructional skills and the ability to develop training programs.
- Incident Command System (ICS) experience.
- Experience with National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) requirements.
- Working knowledge of OPA 90 Oil Pollution Control Act.
- Previous experience in security systems and practices.
- Hours of work if in the field can be extensive (12 hour days) for extended periods of time.
- Incident scenes can be very stressful (e.g. fatality investigation) and hazardous (e.g. Fire scene).
- This is a highly visible role that interacts with all levels of the organization and outside agencies
- Leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills are an integral part of the position.
This role is responsible for overseeing the maintenance, interpretation, and ongoing improvement of Element 12 Emergency Management under company's Operational Excellence Management System (OEMS)
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.