W&T Offshore, Inc. is an independent oil and natural gas producer focused primarily in the Gulf of Mexico and Texas. Our growth has been through Exploration & Development and Acquisitions. We currently hold working interests in approximately 70 producing offshore fields in federal and state waters. As our growth continues, diversification is key to our portfolio. As a result we have expanded and currently have approximately 173,000 net acres under lease onshore. We are headquartered in Houston, Texas and trade on the NYSE under the symbol ''WTI''. We are looking for talented individuals with an entrepreneurial spirit to continue our growth.
Reservoir Engineer will utilize a strong reservoir engineering background working as part of multi-disciplinary team. The Reservoir Engineer performs Reservoir Engineering utilizing standard industry techniques such as, decline curve analysis, volumetric determination and P/Z analysis. Additionally, the Reservoir Engineer provides technical expertise in support of subsurface risk discussions and decisions, estimation of resource potential using both deterministic and probabilistic methods, estimating production rates, prepare conceptual development plans, develop cost estimates, project timing, and perform sensitivity analysis as required.
This is a unique career opportunity for a Reservoir Engineering professional. As part of the exploration team the selected candidate will play an integral part in deciding the future direction and growth of our organization. Just about all exploration projects whether or not they are internally or externally generated will be viewed by this position. In this role you will work hand in hand with the Land, Drilling, Completions, Production, Facilities, and Marketing Departments to determine the structure and development scenarios of various exploration projects. If you are looking for an opportunity that allows you to be heavily involved with the business aspect of exploration projects, then is the position for you.
- Facilitates the prospect maturation cycle from concept through drilling and evaluation
- Provides engineering input such as bid analysis for lease sales, farm-ins, acquisition projects, commercial evaluations and equity determination
- Performs economic analysis to assess opportunities and support annual efforts towards the company's strategic plans
- Participates in reservoir evaluation program and assists in the log analysis, fluid analysis, and core analysis efforts on exploration and appraisal projects
- Supports a strong atmosphere of co-operation through team efforts and interaction with supporting groups and organizations
- Actively participates in and supports special projects, studies, training and personal growth opportunities
- Communicate with working interest owners
- Assess acquisition candidates
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by management
- Requires a Bachelor of Science degree in Petroleum, Natural Gas or Chemical Engineering, or other related engineering discipline
- Minimum of 3 years of Reservoir Engineering or related experience, required
- Must be proficient with economic analysis software (such as Aries, Peep, etc.)
- Ability to work in interdisciplinary team
- Strong communication skills (written & verbal)
- Must have a working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Reservoir modeling experience is a plus
- Field development planning and/or operations experience is also a plus
- Ability to embrace new technologies, meet emerging market demands, respond effectively to changing conditions, apply continuous improvement techniques and create new business opportunities
- Office environment primarily, Operations site environment when specific evaluation/problems require such or possibly vendor site where new equipment/rehabilitation work is performed
- Requires occasional travel outside service area
- Requires wearing personal protective safety equipment (respirators, safety glasses, hard hat, appropriate footwear, ear plugs, etc.) as appropriate when evaluating site or equipment
- Requires standing, sitting, walking, kneeling, twisting, climbing steps and/or ladders to inspect equipment when necessary
- Requires operation of a personal computer
Must have the legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer.
Only Applicants who meet the above requirements will be considered for employment. NO International submissions will be considered.
No Agency or third party calls or emails will be returned.