W&T Offshore, Inc. is an independent oil and natural gas producer focused primarily in the Gulf of Mexico and Texas. Our growth has been through Exploration & Development and Acquisitions. We currently hold working interests in approximately 70 producing offshore fields in federal and state waters. As our growth continues, diversification is key to our portfolio. As a result we have expanded and currently have approximately 173,000 net acres under lease onshore. We are headquartered in Houston, Texas and trade on the NYSE under the symbol ''WTI''. We are looking for talented individuals with an entrepreneurial spirit to continue our growth.
Staff Reservoir Engineer will work with methodologies and technologies for integrated reservoir studies, reserves determinations, property acquisitions, field exploitation / development and production forecasts. The Staff Reservoir Engineer will participate on a multi-functional operating team and will provide technical expertise while developing exploitation plans for existing assets.
This is a unique career opportunity for a Reservoir Engineering professional. The selected candidate will play an integral part in developing both the short and long term depletion strategies for the assets assigned to a business unit. The team consists of representatives from several functional areas brought together to form a business unit responsible for a select operating area. In this role you will work hand in hand with representatives from Geology, Land, Drilling, Completions, Production, Facilities, Operations, and Accounting Departments. You will be instrumental in developing the goals for this business unit and the strategy to achieve them. If you are looking for a challenging opportunity to be a part of a team that allows you to be heavily involved in setting and achieving the Team's goals, then this is the position for you.
Field Study / Surveillance Experience:
Perform field reviews to identify additional work opportunities such as:
- Assess Drillwells
- Identify & assess recomplete, rework, and stimulation candidates
- Justification for compression
- Monitor field profitability, investigate shortfalls, make recommendations & determine mitigation
- Assess remaining reserves
- Develop field depletion plans
- Contribute with cross-functional teams
- Communicate with working interest owners
Bank Reserve Reports - Year-end and Mid-Year Reviews:
- Estimate remaining reserves using volumetric and production decline methods
- Categorize reserves under SEC guidelines
- Determine reserve value
- Forecast future production
- Provide reservoir input to exploration evaluations
- Assess acquisition candidates
- Identify and recommend sales candidates
- Bachelor's degree in Petroleum or Chemical Engineering (or related engineering degree), graduate degree is a plus
- 10 - 15 + years of experience in reservoir engineering
- Strong working knowledge and understanding of reservoir physics and recovery mechanisms
- Log analysis of open hole and cased hole logs; experience with HDS log analysis software a plus
- Analyze bottom hole pressure build-up test results
- Complete & present economic analysis of proposed projects; experience with ARIES preferred
- Ability to work in interdisciplinary team setting
- Strategic thinking and economic analysis skills
- Working knowledge with reservoir simulation models, preferred
- Strong advanced level data analysis skills
- Strong communication skills (written & verbal)
- Advanced computer skills with MS Office, experience with Livelink, a plus
- Ability to embrace new technologies, meet emerging market demands, respond effectively to changing conditions, apply continuous improvement techniques and create new business opportunities
- Office environment primarily, Operations site environment when specific evaluation/problems require such or possibly vendor site where new equipment/rehabilitation work is performed
- Requires occasional travel outside service area
- Requires wearing personal protective safety equipment (respirators, safety glasses, hard hat, appropriate footwear, ear plugs, etc.) as appropriate when evaluating site or equipment
- Requires standing, sitting, walking, kneeling, twisting, climbing steps and/or ladders to inspect equipment when necessary
- Requires operation of a personal computer
Must have the legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer.
Only Applicants who meet the above requirements will be considered for employment. NO International submissions will be considered.
No Agency or third party calls or emails will be returned.