Updated: Sep 24 2012
||Design Engineer, Instrument & Controls Engineer
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Arcadia, CA, US
Closed - No longer accepting applications
- Leads discipline design team on assigned project or phase of assigned project. Ensures project discipline deliverables for technical quality, accuracy and compliance with Company standards.
- Performs project discipline administrative tasks including: developing and monitoring manpower and schedule requirements, establishing discipline design requirements, maintaining design and drafting data, and preparing Work Share Packages.
- Provides design sketches/technical guidance utilizing theoretical and practical design knowledge for drawing/model preparation by lower-level Designers or CAD Technicians.
- Schedules and/or reviews/resolves 3D model interferences/clashes.
- Checks work assigned to lower-level Designers or CAD Technicians for technical quality, accuracy and compliance with customer, Company and discipline standards.
- Provides training and mentoring of new CAD Technicians and Designers. Provides input to performance appraisals of lower-level personnel.
- Plans and conducts field investigation trips to work sites as required.
- Typically ten years progressively responsible discipline related design experience; AA degree or completion of technical courses with 7-10 years of relevant experience.
- Principal level design position responsible for leading teams as well as performing difficult and complex work assignments involving independent judgment to determine a course of action consistent with established functional and organization's policies and goals. Strong understanding of basic engineering and/or design/drafting concepts. Has general understanding of other disciplines' roles in the design process. Able to lead others in completing tasks in accordance with project procedures and applicable codes and/or standards. Able to discuss routine technical problems and communicate effectively with immediate supervisor and other project personnel.
- Able to utilize advanced PC, 2D CAD, and 3D CAD tools (if applicable), and other applicable hardware and software to perform duties. Performs advanced design and able to utilize design tools effectively as well as providing technical direction and training. Conducts more complex checking as needed. Ability to meet deadlines and manage priorities is critical. Strong organizational skills as well as the ability to effectively communicate and take a leadership role over the group for which they have supervisory responsibilities.
- Commitment to customer service and ability to assist others in applying knowledge and understanding in solving functional problems within area of expertise. Ability to maintain confidential information critical.
- Generally characterized as a "Principal" with ability to discover issues and recommend solutions to business problems uncovered during course of performing assignments. Has less independent contributor responsibilities and more supervisory responsibilities. Provides oversight, expertise and guidance to less experienced individuals. Responsible for scheduling, checking, technical training, progress reports, etc.
- Typically will regularly interface with departmental staff and upper management, and frequently with outside customers.
- General attributes required of all WorleyParsons employees involved in leadership include: Zero Harm, Action Orientation, Building Effective Business Relationships, Commitment, Customer Focus, Dealing with Change, Drive for Results, Integrity and Trust, and Leadership Skills including Strategic Ability, Managing Vision & Purpose, Command Skills, and Global Business Knowledge.
- Willingness to travel or to accept field assignments preferred.
- Ability to work effectively in teams.
- For CSA positions - Capability to perform field surveys and utilize survey equipment and transform data into CAD.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available