Updated: Sep 21 2012
||IT - Analysis & Management, Process Control, PLC, HML, Allen Bradley, Wonderware, Siemens, Programmer, Analyst
||60,000 to 100,000
||Texas, Colorado, New Mexico, US
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
This position will provide expertise necessary to solve difficult and unusual instrumentation, electrical and control problems at Midstream facilities, as well as provide technical assistance for new plant start-ups. May also assist with administering the training and qualification testing for Instrumentation and Electrical personnel. The responsibilities of this position extend company-wide and there will be some overnight travel required. Directs the installation, connection, servicing, calibration and replacement of instrument and electrical equipment for Distributive Control Systems (DCS), SCADA, and Process Control Systems. Develops, maintains and troubleshoots programming for DCS, Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC), Human Machine Interface (HMI) and other process control systems. Works closely with engineering to review proposed process plans. Provides cost estimates and specifications for required instrumentation, electrical and control systems. May be involved with material procurement. Coordinate Instrumentation/Electrical projects and provide technical assistance and inspection for new plant or project start-ups. Inspects control panels, skid mounted units, etc. at fabrication plants for compliance with specifications and standards. Directs and performs troubleshooting of complex and specialized measurement and control circuits and systems and recommends corrective action. Assists in training and development for Instrumentation & Electrical personnel, plant operators, supervisors and engineers. Initiate and write standards for operation, repair and scheduled preventive maintenance of control equipment. Recommend preventive maintenance schedules and best practices. Use expertise to make recommendations regarding operational efficiencies, improvements and best practices. Serves as the key contact person for the region to review and provide interpretation of company standards, required practices and industry codes. Involved in evaluating new technology and applications to be used to enhance our business. Works with Information Technology (IT) and operations to manage Automation software updates, security and system maintenance. This job may be staffed as a Process Control Analyst or Sr. Process Control Analyst depending on qualifications and experience.
- High school diploma or GED required
- 2-3 years previous automation experience required
- 2-3 years previous experience with instrumentation and/or electrical, control systems and process control basics
- 2-3 years prior programming skills for common process control systems
- Valid driver's license and acceptable driving record
- Must be able to follow written or spoken work instructions in English
- Bachelor degree or technical associate degree preferred
- 5-8 years previous automation experience, preferably in a natural gas processing plant
- Vendor specific training a plus (DCS/Foxboro & Delta V, PLC/Siemens, Wonderware)
- Able to read and understand process flow diagrams and pipeline & instrumentation diagrams
- Working knowledge of industry codes and standards for electrical/instrumentation
- Very proficient PC/software skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Strong team and customer focus orientation
- Able to work independently as well as part of a team
- Able to prepare written communications and present information to various levels of the organization
- Able to process complex information and calculate various mathematical formulas
- Incumbents should have very proficient PC/Software skills, project management skills, in-depth knowledge of instrumentation and /or electrical, control systems and process control basics. Must possess excellent analytical skills and have strong team and customer focus orientation.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available