The Virtual Bench
Updated: Apr 9 2013
||Piping Engineer, Pipe specs, EPC, piping line class specifications, wall thickness, coatings
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||great salary & benefits
||Houston, TX, US
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
The Virtual Bench is a premier recruiting and staffing firm focused on providing quality engineering candidates to some of the top firms in the industry. Our client, a major provider of oilfield products, systems and services, is looking for a Principal Engineer with strong Piping Specifications background for their Houston office.
***Before you apply, be sure that you are in compliance with the following:
• Have current residence in the US (those living in Canada, Mexico or other places outside the US will NOT be considered). PLEASE DO NOT apply if you live outside of the US; you will not be considered.
• Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
• meet the requirements specified below
Our client is one of the leading international oilfield services, products and systems providers in Houston. They are a leader in technology development and project execution. Additionally, they provide a strong employee training and development program. This is a new role due to a recent acquisition and has high visibility within the company.
Responsibilities & Tasks:
This level of engineer typically serves as the Lead Discipline Engineer on projects and proposals/studies.
• Fully responsible for the technical work and conformance with job requirements.
• Provides overall supervision. Organizes work to comply with project requirements.
• Negotiates critical and controversial issues with top level engineers and officers of other organizations and companies.
• Prepares and updates the Department's Design Basis for a Project.
• Prepares material requisitions and technical input to subcontract packages.
• Analyzes and approves EA/QA's.
• Maintains a copy of the relevant sections of the project estimate and generates change notices.
• Assigns all engineering work including checking of calculations; reviews engineering sketches.
• Checks drawings for conformity with design requirements. Stamps drawings as required.
• Ensures that drawing recheck is performed.
• Reviews other disciplines and vendor print intersquad drawings.
• Assigns engineer to review shop drawings, particularly with respect to connection design.
• Reviews and helps update drawing schedule. Makes manhour forecasts. Keeps Manager informed of any changes in staffing requirements.
• Saves original calculations and soils report for Department files.
• Through lessons learned on projects, provides input to Department Quality Improvement Program; develops standard specifications and design standards.
Qualifications / Personal Attributes:
Minimum 10 years experience in the refining/petrochemical industry. Must have experience as a Pipe Spec Engineer with an EPC company. Responsible for developing piping line class specifications, including valve data sheets. Responsible for performing pipe wall thickness calculations. Responsible for providing piping related specs such as coatings and insulation.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available