Updated: Nov 5 2012
||IT - Programming & Database, IT - Sys Admin & Support
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Houston, TX, US
Closed - No longer accepting applications
One of the largest oilfield services companies, Weatherford operates in more than 100 countries and employs more than 50,000 people worldwide. With a product and service portfolio that spans the life cycle of a well- drilling, evaluation, completion, production and intervention- and a robust research and development effort, we are well positioned to meet the ever-evolving needs of the oil and gas industry.
The IT Security Architect/Consultant is responsible for researching, architecting, designing, and building solutions that appropriately manage risk. Responsible for working across the entire IT organization as well as other departments (legal, human resources, etc.) acting as a consultant and providing direction to ensure Weatherford's information assets and network are secure and protected. Possesses excellent inter-personal skills and works well in a collaborative environment with strong facilitation and consensus building skills.
- Knowledge of IT industry and business unit industry trends, developments and strategies.
- Able to work with others to formulate general policies and procedures and long range plans.
- Understands project and business cost drivers and impact of technology on those costs.
- Able to produce written documents and presentations with clearly organized thoughts using proper English construction, punctuation, and grammar.
- Able to communicate effectively with co-workers in face-to-face one-on-one settings, in group settings, or via telephone.
- Capable of developing proposals and solid business cases.
- Works to ensure a proper balance exists between securing company assets while not creating overly cumbersome processes that significantly impact employee productivity or business partner relationships.
- Possess both broad and deep business and technology knowledge with the ability to architect solutions by mapping business problems to an end-to-end solution including people, process, and technology.
- Possess strong and thorough knowledge of security architectures and key suppliers of security tools.
- Researches emerging technology and methods of threat identification, containment, and mitigation.
- Understanding of the interaction of infrastructure and applications components in a complex enterprise.
- Integrates security into project and development lifecycles.
- Conducts risk assessments on proposed and existing systems.
- Clearly educates stakeholders how to identify and mitigate risk.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university or equivalent experience. 15+ years of IT experience including 10+ years of information security specialization.
- Holds a current Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) certification.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement high level IT policies and security strategies.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent teaming and collaboration skills.
- Master's degree from an accredited college/university.
- 2-5 years of experience in the Oil & Gas Industry.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available