Have you ever wanted to work for a world leader in their industry?
SBM Offshore is an integrated EPCI provider of floating production solutions for the deepwater oil and gas industry. SBM Offshore owns and operates the world's largest fleet of FPSOs which recently achieved more than 1 million barrels of oil per day throughput. SBM Offshore's global footprint includes 7 execution centers worldwide.
We are proud of our technological innovation, and are a market leader in R&D and technology development.
Some of SBM Offshore's products include FPSOs, Turret Mooring Systems, CALM buoys, TLPs, and Semisubmersibles.
Careers at SBM Offshore offer our employees:
- Unique opportunities to participate in the full life-cycle of projects and operations from engineering through construction and installation and throughout production operations
- Experience with a leader in deepwater floating production and mooring systems, in production operations and in terminals and services
- Opportunities for roles in Execution centers, in our construction yards and with our specialized offshore installation vessels.
- A company philosophy of exposing talented individuals to all parts of the business which provides opportunities to expand their personal tool kits.
SBM Offshore is currently recruiting for a Senior Lead PDMS Piping Designer & Checker.
This Senior role will be responsible for overall Module, Topsides and Turret layouts for equipment and piping systems within a PDMS environment , to meet client and project requirements.
- Thoroughly checking design drawings by applying knowledge of drafting fundamentals, design criteria, relative codes and standards.
- Check drawing by referencing site studies, existing drawings, vendor drawings, catalogue data, Company standards and good practices and procedures.
- Communicate with the design originators, other design discipline groups, project engineers to obtain pertinent information.
- Mark-up drawing to show deficiencies and back-check drawings which have been received per mark-up;
- Take direct responsibility for design/drawing checking.
Skills and Experience:
- Extensive knowledge in preparing piping plans and sections, utilizing information from P&ID's, Piping Line list, and equipment arrangement drawings.
- Minimum 15 - 20 years of experience as a Piping designer with minimum 5 years checking experience. This needs to include petrochemical and/or offshore experience with field and equipment layout knowledge.
- Knowledge of general design standards and working knowledge of ASME, B31.1, B31.4. B31.8 and other applicable Codes and Standards.
- Knowledge of equipment access, egress and maintenance required.
- A High School diploma or equivalent technical school certificate required. Associate's Degree preferred.
- FPSO,TLP, Semi-sub offshore and turret design experience preferred.
- Fabrication yard experience preferred.
- AUTOCAD-Preferred,MS OFFICE-Advanced Level-Preferred,PDMS-Required
Headquartered in West Houston's Energy Corridor, the Houston Execution Center of SBM Offshore offers a congenial work environment, excellent benefits, tremendous opportunities for qualified professionals, and competitive salary and benefits packages** (3 weeks of Paid Time Off (PTO), 10 paid holidays, 401(k) Plan, 4-1/2 Day Work week, AD&D, Bonus Plan, Education Reimbursement Program, Flexible Spending Accounts, Medical and Dental Plans, Short & Long Term Disability Insurance and Employee Stock Purchase Plan). **subject to employment status. The SBM Offshore Group is proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.
The SBM Offshore Group is proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing