The Velosi Group, founded in 1982, provides quality assurance and quality control services to a number of leading national and multinational oil and gas companies. The Velosi Group operates globally through four principal offices in the USA, the UK, Malaysia and the UAE and has operational or representative offices in a further 27 countries worldwide.
Our Houston, TX office is currently seeking a Coating Inspector
- Monitor all aspects of Quality Control relative to protective coating, insulation and fireproofing during the construction to ensure adherence to the COMPANY technical requirements and applicable codes.
- Provide weekly input to the QMS reporting system, with regards to trends and unresolved exceptions and problems.
- Provide expertise to site team to avoid/resolve quality problems.
- Provide early warning of potential quality problems and ensure non-conformances are identified, tracked and closed
- Perform all in process and hold point Inspection on equipment and/or material during construction.
- Verify that all testing procedures for coating activities have been approved and are on site. Confirm testing parameters are duly recorded and signed off and that testing equipment is calibrated
- Ensure non-conformances are identified, tracked and closed out prior to acceptance of the work.
- Review and verify work prior to completion.
- Witness acceptance tests final quality checks prior to acceptance as appropriate.
- Verify all coating, insulation, and fireproofing is built in accordance to the design and verify against approved drawings.
- Review or witness in process and hold point inspection during construction in accordance with the CONTRACTOR's ITP.
- Where Nondestructive Testing (NDT) forms part of the WORK, the Inspector is required to witness or review results:
- Review Contractor's completion files for accuracy and adequacy
- Higher National Certificate in Engineering or High school graduate or equivalent. A college degree in related engineering field is preferred.
- Coating Inspector shall be certified as a National Association of Corrosion Engineers (NACE) Level II Certification or equivalent standard acceptable to COMPANY.
- Familiar with industry coatings, codes and standards contained in COMPANY technical requirements including NACE, SSPC, and ASTM.
- Inspector shall have a demonstrated background and thorough knowledge of marine cathodic protection systems and coating systems for fireproofing
- Familiar with anti-corrosion and thermal insulation coating requirements.
- Inspector shall demonstrate a thorough working knowledge of critical coating applications and methods.
- Must be proficient at interpretation of shop drawings.
- Minimum of five (5) years' experience in the specified inspection discipline and a minimum of two (2) years of construction activities in the contract's scope of work e.g. oil, gas and/or petrochemical projects..
- Must be proficient in common PC software (MS Word; MS Excel; Lotus Notes; etc.).
Velosi Ltd was established in 1982. By utilizing the services of our sister company, Intec (UK) we are capable of delivering Global Recruitment Solutions within the Oil & Gas, Power, Nuclear, Utilities, Rail, Construction and Aerospace Sectors for Owner/Operators, Consultancies, Contractors and Sub-Contractors.
For a free, confidential service register your details on Velosi-Intec where you will find a full list of live positions. On-going requirements include; ATEX Inspector, Civil Engineers, Coating Inspector, Commissioning Engineers, Drilling Engineer, Electrician, HSE, Inspectors, Instrument Engineer/Technicians, Labourer, Mechanic, Mechanical & Electrical Engineer/Fitters, Operator, Pipeline Engineer/Supervisor/Inspector, Piping Engineer/Supervisor/Inspector, Planning Engineers, Process Engineer, Project Engineer, Project Manager, QA/QC Engineer/Managers, Quantity Surveyors/Cost Engineers/Project Controls/Estimators, Riggers, Safety Advisor/Officer/Engineers, Site Managers, Supervisor/Superintendents, Turbine Engineer/Fitters and many more.
Velosi Intec is an equal opportunities employer and a member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC).