Blasting and Painting projects associated with the drilling rigs offshore.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Organizes and plans the use of painting and blasting equipment and materials for the various rig projects in the field as well as in the shipyards.
- Is familiar with various coatings, prep work, and blasting methods.
- Ensures the blasting and painting equipment is properly maintained and in a ready state of operation.
- Acts as liaison with the division Operations Manager regarding the requirements for the project.
- Inspects and maintains blasting and painting during all phases of application.
- Restores and reclaims any area following completion of its use as directed by the Operator.
- Supervises painting / blasting personnel.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Must have a minimum of 5-10 years' experience working with blasting and painting equipment.
- Must be familiar with a variety of types, makes and models coatings and blasting equipment.
- Must have a working knowledge of English.
- Basic math skills helpful.
- Must have adequate reasoning ability and common sense.
- Must not pose a direct threat or significant risk of substantial harm to the safety or health of himself/herself or others.
- Must be committed to a high standard of safety and be willing and able to comply with all safety laws, regulations and company's safety policies.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Must be able to validate previous work history of blasting and painting.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Sitting, standing, walking, lifting materials (maximum 100 pounds), carrying, pushing, pulling, climbing stairs, climbing using legs and arms, balancing, stooping, kneeling, repeated bends, crawling, reaching high and low, and repetitive twisting or pressure, involving wrist and hands. Hearing, seeing (including depth perception and peripheral vision), ability of rapid mental coordination simultaneously. Must be able to tolerate continuous vibrations and elevated noise levels as well as tolerate wearing personal protective equipment, including, but not limited to, a hard hat, steel toed safety shoes, hearing protection, respirators, safety glasses, goggles and full body harness. Mentally alert for entire regular shift.
This position works in various locations - rig based and shipyard. Exposure to temperature changes, wetness, confined spaces, chemicals, grease and oil, working with ladder/scaffold, working with hands in water, and working alone. Parker Drilling Company will supply adequate training and equipment to meet the functions of the job.