Talisman Energy Inc. is a global, diversified, upstream oil and gas company, headquartered in Canada. Talisman's three main operating areas are North America, the North Sea and Southeast Asia. The Company also has a portfolio of international exploration opportunities. Talisman is committed to conducting business safely, in a socially and environmentally responsible manner, and is included in the Dow Jones Sustainability (North America) Index. Talisman is listed on the Toronto and New York Stock Exchanges under the symbol TLM.
Title: Facility Engineer
Req ID: 12163
Location: The Woodlands, United States
Employment Type: Permanent
Closing Date: March 31, 2013
Reporting to the Team Lead Facilities, will lead the design and construction of infrastructure such as new tie-ins and well-site facilities, pipe-lines, compression, dehydration and processing facilities, provide engineering support for all existing Facilities within his or her area of responsibility. Specific duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Define project scope.
- Review facility designs, and cost estimates.
- Provide Facilities Engineering support for Operations and Asset Development opportunity planning, evaluation, definition.
- Drive business and safety improvement through performance measurement and review.
- Apply Lessons Learned, functional Best Practices, and industry analogues to facilities scopes of work.
- Participate in HSE/OI management activities e.g. Hazard Assessments, Safety Stand Down, project peer and gate reviews.
- Required to travel.
- Review cost estimates, facility design and supporting Regulatory applications using material/service specification and selection.
Provide day-to-day technical support to Asset team.
- Minimum 7 years of varied Oil & Gas facilities and operations engineering experience.
- Experience working resource plays and/or multi-well, multi-pad projects would be an asset.
- The ability to work collaboratively with Development Engineers, Surface Land, Construction Supervisors, Operations, and other staff.
- Able to identify, control and manage conflict, risks, changes, safety, quality, cost & schedule in an organized manner and often time-constrained environment.
- Demonstrate technical, project management and leadership skills and commitment to HSE and Corporate Responsibility, as required to successfully execute Infrastructure projects and deliver a quality product.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communications skills to effectively interact with and present to Senior Management, partners and external stakeholders.
- Suitable on-shore project experience involving contractors, partners, and Non-Governmental Organizations.
- A desire for continuous learning.
- Only candidates who are legally permitted to work in US will be considered.
- Relocation will be provided for the successful candidates if required.
By applying for this position, you consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of the personal information provided during the application and selection process.
Employment Type: PERMANENT