Hydraulic Systems Inc
Updated: Oct 26 2012
||Engineering Technician, Sales and Marketing, Technical Sales
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Depending on experience
||Conroe, TX, US
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
A vacancy for a sales representative has arisen within Hydraulic Systems Inc., a proven manufacturer of quality hydraulic equipment and services for drilling rigs and oilfield related services. We are looking for candidates to join our team to build sales in North America. The position will be based in Houston, reporting to the President and Vice President of Business Development.
The position will be responsible for generating new business in the Americas, with initial emphasis on the North America drilling contractors as well as ensuring that our existing clients are well served. The position will be expected to match the Hydraulic Systems Inc. equipment and services to our clients' needs.
Travel up to 50% domestically.
The principal accountabilities of the position are:
- To identify new opportunities to sell HSI products and services within specified key markets with new and existing HSI clients
- Identify customer applications, products, programs, etc. Propose solution to these needs, then coordinate HSI resources and customer decision centers to achieve customer and HSI goals and objectives.
- To develop and maintain a strong pipeline of qualified opportunities to develop future growth
- Maintains effective communication with customers
- Work as a team with HSI engineering and field support to properly match HSI products and services with the Client's applications and cross sell products and services in other territories
- To lead in the preparation of tenders and proposals and quotations
- Recommends price proposals/changes, product changes, delivery changes and other miscellaneous programs as needed to meet market/customer needs
- Gather, identify and report customer and market information on new or prospective products
- Accumulate and evaluate data on competitor's products and their market penetration, and prepare reports for sales and marketing review
- Maintain and update product forecast utilizing customer input and personal judgment
- Prepares and submits routine call reports, expense reports, monthly reports and other sales oriented documents to the Regional Sales Manager
- Maintains office and files for accurate customer performance analysis, follow up and good record keeping
- Other duties as requested or needed by management
- The successful candidate will also meet the following criteria:
- Successful in relationship sales, good customer care skills and the ability to organize and set priorities
- Relevant industry competence and background in hydraulic systems and equipment, drilling rig operations, hydraulic oilfield services are a plus
- Have demonstrated technical competence through operational experience or a recognized qualification or certifications
- Strong communication, negotiating and interpersonal skills.
- Commercial awareness and ability for identifying and closing new business.
- Self -motivated and determined problem solver.
- Attention to detail and the ability to perform effectively in a team environment are essential.
- Ability to assimilate a comprehensive knowledge and understanding of oil and gas well drilling operations and the markets in which the company operates.
- Ability to assimilate a comprehensive knowledge of the products the company provides to its customers and the benefits of those products and the equipment used in conjunction with those products..
- Must be able to communicate effectively with customers at all levels
- Must be able to ascertain volume of market available and qualify those customers in the market.
- Must be able to effectively forecast sales by customer and product type.
- Must be able to meet strict deadlines and work with close functional guidelines..
- Must have the ability to quickly evaluate sales opportunities and close sales..
- Must be able to allocate time and effort in a manner most suited to accomplish sales goals.
Degree in one of the predominant engineering disciplines or 10 years demonstrated success selling hydraulic equipment, oilfield services and concepts. Exceptions to this requirement may be considered, depending on an individual's specific attributes.
- Competitive compensation (Base + Commission)
- Opportunity for Advancement
- Medical and Dental Benefit
- Company Car/Allowance
- Positive, Upbeat Work Environment
No phone calls accepted.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available