Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Providing software technical support for Well Planning and Operations Data Management Software
- From time to time, effectively evaluate user permissions, and assign/adjust security rights to end users.
- Routinely collaborates with Corporate and District I.T. specialists regarding network administration and database management for Well Planners, District Engineers, and Real-Time Operations.
- Manage WITSML when assisting with real-time monitoring
- From time to time, may go to districts to assist well planners, engineers, and directional drillers.
- Perform other relevant duties as required.
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities
- Mentor district technicians and regional I.T. Support personnel related to software and engineering data model.
- Assist tech writers in designing and validating documents and training materials.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Requires Landmark Graphics EDM / COMPASS™ expertise equivalent to Landmark Graphics Tier 2 support.
- Uses logic to solve problems with effective solutions.
- Is personally committed to continual improvement and client satisfaction.
- Actively listens, and proficient in oral and written communication with managers, peers, and clients
- Presents self with professional appearance and behavior.
Education, Experience, Certification, and Training
- Prefer Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering: Mechanical, Petroleum, Civil, Industrial, Aerospace, Math, Physics preferred.
- Requires verifiable expertise in software tech support for well planners and directional drilling.
- Software skills in MS Office, Landmark Graphics EDM / COMPASS™ / WELLPLAN™
- Proven track record of soft skills in communication, team building, mentoring is desirable.
- Actively engaged in further academic and technical proficiency.
- Cross train in Scientific Drilling applications
Location, Physical Requirements, and PPE
- Conditions may include working inside and/or outside. May work around machines with moving parts and moving objects. Working near radiant and electrical energy. Working closely with others or working alone. Working extended or irregular hours and travelling by all possible modes of transportation.
- Equipment (machines, tools, devices) used in performing the essential job function include but not limited to computers and related equipment, calculators, copiers, fax machines, telephone and vehicles. Ability to wear proper personal protective equipment (PPE), including but not limited to, safety glasses, hardhat, reinforced toed shoes, FRC coveralls, gloves, and ear plugs or muffs.
Limitations and Disclaimer
This job description describes the general duties and responsibilities and physical requirements associated with the position; it is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or skills required for the position.
The general duties and responsibilities and physical requirements associated with the position are subject to modification in order to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some physical requirements may exclude individuals who pose a threat or risk to the health or safety to themselves or others.
This job description neither states nor implies that the listed general duties and responsibilities and physical requirements associated with the position are the only tasks expected of an employee. An employee is also required to follow any other job-related instructions and perform any other job-related tasks requested by their supervisor and not in violation of any applicable laws, regulations, or rules.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and abilities. To perform this job successfully, an employee must possess the abilities and aptitudes to perform each duty, responsibility, and physical requirement proficiently.
***Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized to work for any employer in the United States***
Continued employment remains on an ''at-will'' basis.