Updated: Nov 1 2012
||Civil Engineering, Construction Manager
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||155K - 165K plus per diem
||Pittsburgh, PA and Wheeling, WV, US
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
General Position Guidelines
- Site management for compressor / pump station facilities related to Oil / Gas/ Slurry pipeline projects
- Responsible for all jobsite activities and ensures construction operations are in compliance with the design and specifications
- Planning work schedules, and ensures that work is being performed within budget and to quality standards.
- Creating crew schedules, work plans and overall project execution plans
- Collaborate on project control and accounting practices
- Assist contracts department in the evaluation process of subcontractors and equipment supplier proposals.
- Manage all construction installation activities for facilities including: civil, piping, structural, and electrical/ instrumentation, startup and commissioning, and sign-off and hand-over to client.
- Analyze project design drawings and plans to determine what construction problems are involved, taking note of any evidence of deviation from accepted construction practice, including impractical construction sequence, excessive construction expense without sufficient supporting justification and similar circumstances requiring consideration.
- Carry out a critical analysis of detailed construction schedules ensuring that all forecasted manpower and equipment availability limitations have been recognized, considered and overcome.
- Review, and takes any action required on material lists, requisitions, delivery schedules, construction equipment, automotive and tool requirements, labor requirements, work schedules, and contracts.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or equivalent
- Minimum 15 years related experience including oil & gas
- Significant Oil/Gas EPC experience
- Knowledge of construction and installation sequence.
- Excellent project management skills
- Conversant with cost control and cost estimating.
- Reasonable expertise in scheduling programmes/ techniques
- Knowledgeable about industry HSE requirements
- Expertise on methods and techniques of effective technical report preparation and presentation
- Proactive and motivated
- Good command of written and spoken English.
- Leadership skills
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available